Connect plotter and farmer directly with a 10 Gbit cable

I once saw a site like this numb-nut that different color lan cable work better than others. And Cat 5e is good for a GIG. Now if you want to run 2ft of Cat 5e on a 10g link I bet my fluke analyzer can find spurs on the line. :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Dear Mr Jones, sir, you are so predictable, I’m just surprised it took you so long to come back with a counter what I know is fact :joy: You’ve just proved what you are :wink: As you mature you will I expect very slowly learn the mistakes of your ways.

As I said, I installed my networking cables 20 years ago, they are installed under floors, and in walls, I’m not going to the trouble and disruption to replace cables that work perfectly.

LOL you are so strange!

1 Like

You, I and the rest of the world are never going to convince them, they clearly have some form of illness, just let it pass, and ignore them, certain people feed off the attention, and it only makes them worse.

1 Like

People come here to learn. When someone posts misinformation, I am going to correct them.

Letting misinformation go unchallenged will hurt others – many of which are reading these posts, unbeknownst to us. There could be any number of people that do not join the conversation, who also do not know the reputation of misinformation spreaders.

Ignoring a cancer is inadvisable.

It’s a balance, make it clear they are wrong, so the information is disputed, but to keep disputing what they come back with, because they will come back just gets tedious for people reading the threads, in the end both parties look as bad as each other.

1 Like

Bliss…

@vasiliinorris Did you get your two 10 Gbit cards to connect directly between your Linux farmer and Linux plotter (without a switch)?

What Cat level cable are you using?

If you’re asking for suggestions, the path of least resistance is a pair of Intel X520-DA1 or Mellanox CX311A cards—that you should be able to find for less than $30 each—and an SFP+ DAC (direct-attached copper) cable like this one. No transceivers, no fiber, no twisted pair, no switch… just two cheap cards and a cheap cable.