Debug.log is absent

Hello everyone,
I have chia installed on PopOS.
While doing some troubleshooting I deleted the debug.log on ~/.chia/mainnet/log thinking that it will be recreated.
Now, farming is working without any issue but I can no more check debug.log as it is absent.
I tried re-installing debian binary , installing from sources but still no debug.log is being created.
Please help me fix this issue
Thank you.

I can only advise trying to uninstall then reinstall, or manually creating the folder yourself, if those fail possibly start afresh installing the os.
Have you disabled logging possibly in .yaml?

3 Likes

There is another possibility that Chia changed location of that log (or mainnet) folder. Maybe you could sudo find / -name debug.log to check for a new location.

One more possibility is that when you deleted it, the parent folder has privileges that prevent chia from creating that folder / debug.log.

That log should be created (if not there) every time chia starts, so reinstalling chia doesn’t really make much sense.

2 Likes

Thank you @Jacek ,
It was the folder permission issue , for some reason the folder “log” had only read permission (still scratching my head who did changed the folder permission)
Once I assign the write permission to group and users the debug.log came automatically without having to restart chia application (service).
Thank you again for the helpful insight.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Happy that you got it working!

1 Like