Difference between what chia gui says I should be paid and what I am being paid for by the pool

Hello

I use GH 2.14 and use c17 for all my plots. In the Chia GUI (I am running 2.14) I see the following

But instead of getting paid 0.053, I have been getting paid 0.043-0.044 xch. I use Space Pool and here is what my dashboard shows

So I am not sure why there is a diff between what CHIA GUI is showing for payment and what I am actually getting paid

Any ideas?

Did you try to factor in 0.125 part that you are getting directly with a block won? Also, have you factor in your pool fee?

1 Like

I want to say that my payouts from Spacepool often are below the estimates that the GUI gives–even if I factor in the rewards from blocks found. This had me suspicious, so I made a spreadsheet comparing what I would have made just based on block wins for the entire month of September and the entire month of December. I was doing a lot of plotting during those months, and I only could see the estimated daily XCH at the end of the month when I went through this. So, I had to make a bit of an educated guess on what it would have been earlier in the month.

I found that what I got from pooling + my portion of block wins was a little higher than what I would have gotten if I was solo farming. The GUI estimates came out about 30% higher than what I had gained, however, which is rather high. It was the same for both months. Again, though, I had to guess on what that would have been from earlier in the month, so that total is probably a bit inflated.

Not looking into the code, we don’t know how GUI is calculating it.

However, you can run chia farm summary to get roughly the current netspace (with some delay, and normal fluctuation, i.e., check chia dashboard) and your farm size. You can use those two numbers to calculate the number of double-challenges (9.375 * 2) needed for your farm to win a block. Multiplying that number by those double-challenge-duration will give you the number of seconds needed to win your block. In my case, that calculation came close to what my GUI has. I have no doubt that GUI is doing the same thing to calculate your wins, so the question is how GUI obtains the netspace (potentially hourly variations in the netspace are influencing that calculation (about 0.5 EiB during the day, i.e., 1.5% error ranges) - i.e., netspace size may be delayed by quite a bit).

Having that number and factoring out both your block win and pool fee should give you an average daily payment. If you farm is still changing size (plotting), there is no point to do that calculation, as you would need to collect much more data (how your farm size was changing, how netspace was changing, how your pool was winning blocks).

However, if the farm is stable for few days, you could get an average of your payments, and factor in your pool wins during the same period of time.

Also, there is no point to factor in your part of blocks won, as those are highly random and will easily skew those calculations.

At least that is the math that I would use. Not sure, if anything else needs to be factored in.

I am with Foxy Pool, and I have to say that I don’t understand my daily payments (based on my calculations, they are too low). However, @Ronski (also Foxy Pool) mentioned that his payments were spot on when watched over a month or so. So, I am still collecting data and trying to run the math against it.

I know I said my pool EC was spot on over a month, as it fluctuated daily, not sure about my payments.

1 Like

Both EC and daily payments are derived from the same thing - the number of shares. Although, EC only depends on the number of shares, daily payments also on the pool earnings (block won). So, if all is good, either both should be good or both busted.

Also, the number of shares is calculated as the number of submitted partials x the current diff. So, making the diff float makes the calculation a bit tricky (need to find all log lines for submitted proofs and see whether the pool recognized them (Foxy replies with something like “pool response {‘new_difficulty’: 1000}”)). At this point, I think that making the diff float rather doesn’t make much sense (if the farm is stable - the number of plots doesn’t change).

So, we can assume that your daily payments were close enough as your shares looks like were recognized properly.

2 Likes