Driver PCI Sata expansion card - ASM10XX - Linux

Hi Chia community,

I bought a sata expansion card with a chipset ASM10XX but im having issues using with linux Os (Debian) detecting all the disk, throwing a lot of errors at the start, etc. I tested with windows and its working perfectly, but now i have all my plots in an EXT4 format disk, so move everything to NTFS is a headache.

Did you have this problem? How you solve it?
Are you all chia farmers managing everything with windows? server/standard?

Thanks

do you have enough power on the 5v Rail of the psu?

yeap, i tested in windows and debian. Windows works, debian doesnt work. Its something related to drivers but i didnt find any that works for debian correclty

• Which specific card are you using?
  • What is the exact error message that you receive?
  • How does the error affect you? (hdd not showing up, not mountable, corrupt files, becoming unresponsive, …)
  • What are your system specs? (PSU, CPU, How many HDD’s, GPU’s?)
  • Are you plotting at the same Time?

I have had a 24 port pcie-sata card from ali working fine on windows but on linux my system crashed every once in a while or hdds became unresponsive. it was a 5v issue, hence I asked.

1 Like

Have you checked out your pcie power settings?

2 Likes

Hi Guys! Ty for your responses!

What is weird is that on windows it seems to be working (at least using “Diskinternals Linux Reader” in read only mode I was able to read the information on the 16disks)

Which specific card are you using?
Below on the specs i upload a few pictures of it.

What is the exact error message that you receive?
The errores change, its weird, these are the errors:

How does the error affect you? (hdd not showing up, not mountable, corrupt files, becoming unresponsive, …)
The operative system reboots sometimes because of the amount of errors, but when it boots ok, disk cant be mounted but appears in the lsblk showing the partition but it doesnt appear in blkid and cannot create/remove partitions using GPT parted.

What are your system specs? (PSU, CPU, How many HDD’s, GPU’s?)
- This is the PCI Card:

Chipset ASM - Not sure version number (1064/1086).

These are my specs:

• Mother: ASUS X570-P
  • Ram: 16GB
  • PowerSupply Gigabyte Gold 80 - P750GM
  • OS: Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid, tried other like Ubuntu 21 and Ubuntu 18 (read somewhere that it could be a kernel issue 5.xx so tried ubuntu 18 which has a 4.xx kernel)

Amount of disks:

• Tried diffenrt configurations, it might be a power problem … not sure…
  • Using windows works just fine with 12disks connected to the PCI Card…
  • But on linux, 4 disks connected to the mother and 6max to the PCI max max works. More than that no matter how i connected them i have problems. If i connect those 10disks to the PCI card i have problems. Cant go beyond 6 Disks connected to the PCI card with linux.

Are you plotting at the same Time?
The problem happens instantly when the OS boots (not plotting at that time)

Sorry about my english guys, its not very good.

Up! ---- adding mininumg characters

Hello, Did you find the fix yet?

Nope.

I even wrote to ASM directly and their answer was:

“We don’t provide driver update through web; w suggest using inbox driver for ASM1064.
If you still request driver, we suggest to contact the maker/manufacturer about your need.”