Farmr.net is dead, what is a substitute (monitoring instrument for solo mining)?

Ok, guys, farmr.net is down for a year.
But sometimes ( once per quarter) my farmer lost an HDDs connection, and the number of plots reduce from xxxx to xxx. And that makes me sad.
Do we have any reasonable alternative to our brilliant (not less!!!) farmr.net monitoring instrument for solo mining? (for Windows)
To get me possibility remotely understand what is going on on my farming comp & sent me notifications if any.

1 Like

I believe chiadog, but i never used it.

1 Like

I use Chiadog on my main Windows full node and all of my remote (Linux) harvesters. I never used farmr.net, so I can’t compare features. But Chiadog does what I need it to.

1 Like

I think you can run the chia dashboard (grafana) with chia exporter.
I have no idea how to set it up though, but someone on discord said this:

you only need to install grafana for windows + prometeus for windows + chia export windows (I did it, using dashboad windows daily)

I know Chia Decentral has a video on it, that’s for linux though

1 Like

will try Chiadog & make a feedback. Thanks a lot!

will chiadashboard do?

Pooling :smiley: the answer to all your solo problems.

Not free, so, not really.

I think spacefarmers advertises 0 fee?

Also our own 0.7% fee is more than balanced by the power savings of FlexFarmer. 0.7% means for every block ($63.84) you pay 39 cents.

So not is but advertises as?

So as i ssid, not free!

Please check out Machinaris which is open-source, free, and runs self-hosted on your LAN. Bundles ChiaDog among other useful tools.

2 Likes

Not my pool so I just got that number off MPS. That wasn’t a wink wink comment.

Pooling is a partial answer. No matter whether part of a pool or not, you should monitor your own stuff. A local monitor like Chiadog will let you know of a lot more issues than just relying on a monitor from the pool. Pool alerts like an up/down monitor or farm size monitor are all good but very delayed because the pool alerts are driven by guesses. Guesses made by using partial submissions to make an educated guess on what is going on. You can get a lot finer detail from something like Chiadog, so you will much quicker notifications of issues with pretty specific data on what may be going on. (because it has direct access to the debug log, pools do not)

1 Like

Another option is FlexFarmer. You can output to Grafana like so

https://www.reddit.com/r/Flexpool/comments/ox35by/guide_monitoring_flexfarmer_with_grafana_and/

You lost me (20 chrs )

1 Like

Why are You looking for a new virus?
I don’t get it.
Why not use some of the viruses that make you pay for them? Like flex farmer? Has a Great gui with the flex farmer chia virus for sure.

What’s wrong with chias gui??

chias gui dont inform me if somthing wrong.

do you have remote access to the machine? or at the least ssh??
open a terminal and run commands. leave it open. check on it whenever.

chia configure --log-lvl INFO
chia stop all
chia start all
sudo watch -n 3 tail /home/user/.chia/mainnet/log/debug.log

learn to read the gibirish. look for a little leaf in terminal.

open another terminal

sudo apt install nmon

again leave it open. set what you want to monitor according.

all this beautiful monitoring done in a couple shell using only built in packages… amazing
full chia monitoring and systems monitoring…

hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for yor replay.
Acctualy I had an anydesk access… but every time to start session, check if everything Ok, close it… boring.
And againe. It’s do NOT notify me if somthing wrong.
I need check every time.

I just have 200 plots on a pool, rest solo. When my farm goes down, i get an email from the pool :sweat_smile:

3 Likes