Folder dedication problem on new system

Hello there,

I run into a problem while my system ssd went south.

In the C: I had dedicaded folders for disks like C:BLABLA 1, BLABLA2 …, BLABLA 13.
Of course forgot the exact name of the folders, didn’t even wrote it down or make a screenshot…

As I am forced to make a new installation of OS on new hdd (and sync from 0 :confused: ) is there any way that I could read the 13 plotted disks that were previously pointed to folder ?

Thanks for help.

If this is a windows system and you have mounted drives to folders and now you have a new system disk? Just remake the folders and go into disk management and remount the drives to those folders again.

2 Likes

If you just want to see these again easily in Windows, just assign drive letters to them in disk mgr … the alternative is as drhicom says, assign them to mount points, go into file explorer and view their contents there.

1 Like

Thank you. So if i understand it right, on a new installed system (windows) I will be able to see the plugged disk in “disk manager” regardles if the disk was previously pointed to a specific folder and the dedicaded letter (example F:) was erased. And I will be able to dedicate a new path on a new created folder with a new name without loosing disk content (plots) ?
The problem is, that I forgot the exact name of the folder that disk was pointed to in previous system and can’t not recreate “the right path” on new sytem.
Understand that I have no experience in this kind of disk management.
:v:

If your using CHIA look into the config.yaml file to where the drives were pointing before.

Also after you sync, shut down the app and make a backup to a USB drive (500gb works great).

Thank you.
I panicked because when the system ssd burned I thought I wont be able to access the plotted disks that were dedicadet to folder. I would not want to replot so many disks I will loose time with syncing the chainblock anyway. :sweat_smile:

I wish I would be able to see that setting, but I can not access the drive. Everything freezes when i plug in the burnt ssd as external drive.

I hope you had your keys and 24 word phrase saved off.

1 Like

haha yes I did that a long time ago with a hard pencil by hands and wrap the paper in plastic :sweat_smile: :rofl:

Add this to your book marks, this is just one example out there.
How to mount hard drive as folder on Windows 10 | Windows Central

1 Like

You can download, via torrent, the database checkpoint from 03/04/2023 from the Chia.net website, which will save you LOTS of time. Look for it in the middle of the page:
Download - Chia Network

1 Like