From Bram on Discord: "We will have to do a hard fork to a new proof of space format at some point."

Good question, but perhaps they don’t think the plot filter is sufficient, perhaps they want to deal with a certain massive single farmer that now controls 11.5 EiB of net space, perhaps they don’t like the fact that the nakamoto coefficient is decreasing so much because of that single farmer (I think that’s the reason but don’t fully understand it all). Perhaps its a stick that says change your farming method and adopt CHIP 22 or else. I should add that if Max changed his code, his software could also become a problem, if I’m understanding correctly.

50 Series cards will be out around the end of the year, and then we have another huge step up in GPU power.

2 Likes

And from the specs that many hardware folks are leaking, Those 50 series cards are going to be insane. Now you may need your own nuclear reactor to use one, but it will be powerful. :joy::sweat_smile::rofl:

2 Likes

can you please enlighten me about this giant farm and chip 22?
if someone has 11 .500PB data Isn’t it just a matter of time before he plans this again?

It’s 11.6 EiB, and it’s NoSSD, the way their software works it presents as a single farmer. The farmers on their pool are actually harvesters, harvesting for a single farmer.

2 Likes