Futureproof plotting settings for K33+

yes, that gives you a starting point for max parallel plots.

it points out that number of threads is the bottleneck for your setup.

phase 1 is multithreaded… you still want 1 thread for each of the other phases as well and maybe one for the OS as well so you can still do other stuff :slight_smile:

3 threads for phase 2,3,4 … 1 for OS → 4 taken… 12 left
12 threads for plots in phase 1… each plot can use 4 threads … makes 3 plots in phase 1 the config to try

with 8 plots in parallel total

use a plot manager like SWAR that allows you to set in the config how many plots should be in phase 1, and it will start a new plot once another in progress moves from phase 1 to phase 2

1 Like

Many thanks.

3 threads in phase 1 seems to few, but I appreciate all systems are different.

Even with 6 in phase 1 and 3 out of phase 1 my cpu has room, not maxed out. Comp still responds fine and farms fine.

Running i9 11900k, with 3 x m.2 of 1.8tb.

I may try just 3 in phase 1 to test the speed.

Thanks for sharing.

Give the config a try, love to hear back from you if your average plot time improves :slight_smile:

Will do, I’ll run this for 24 hrs, then try what you advised.

Still need to get to grips with a plot manager, I know it will make my life easier.

Does SWAR work with windows.
I need to get on linux also, baby steps.

Found our SWAR is fir windows, ill get on that.

Also found this, similar to your formula, but they say

( cores + threads ) ÷ 2

Which in my case would make 12 at a time, and maybe why I’m seeing my cpu not maxed out even though its the bottleneck.

Just letting you know I’ve nothing to report back, couldn’t get s grasp on swar, never got it running.

I’ve mad max running as of 2 mins ago, looks like that’s the go to plotter now anyway.

All of the effort being used to squeeze out faster plots implies that people have endless terabytes of storage for their plots.

And due to Chia, the price of storage has gone up in some places, and availability of storage is an issue (unless you are prepared to pay inflated prices or for expensive data center level storage solutions).

My question is:
Why the rush to squeeze out ~5% more plots, if you have no-where left to store your plots?

At 30 to 50 plots per day (and more for people using several plotters), where are they storing all of their plots? Where are they finding the drives? Are they awash with ca$h to buy expensive drives with ease?

We’ll be replotting when official pools come out :slight_smile:

The improved plotters are welcome, when doing a ram disk with the MadMax plotter there is 75% less wear on your SSD for example.

at 50 plots per day, it still takes days to fill up a high capacity harddisk… some of us have more than one such disk.

I’m in UK, I can buy drives from some suppliers at ridiculous prices, but from others at reasonable prices.
With no space left, no point in faster replotting, this tells us those wanting faster plotting have enough storage left to plot for it to be a concern, or plan to add more storage.
Net space ain’t gonna stop inclining anytime soon is my take on it.