Giga24 pauses a long time before completing command (Windows)

Hi, I just upgraded from giga23 to giga24 and I find that it is quite slow to complete commands from the command prompt. In giga23, things like chia.exe farm summary will complete/show results right away and not, it takes over 30 seconds. Is that normal behavior?

1 Like

It’s not normal for sure, can you try giga23 again and see if it’s ok again?

i havent noticed any issues, i have also upgraded from 23 to 24. also a win user.

have you upgraded chia client to 2.1.1?

I also upgraded to giga24 on Windows, chia farm summary takes about 6 seconds.

1 Like

Tried giga23 and same lag so the issue is not giga24. This didn’t used to happen so maybe I have a faulty disk hanging the system, although CrystalDiskInfo says everything is okay as does Get-PhysicalDisk which reports Health. Any suggestions on how to torubleshoot?

PS - And to those who celebrate Thanksgiving, hope you had a great one!!

Did you try the old reboot trick?

Thanks…rebooting didn’t solve the problem. After rebooting and I tried to run chia.exe start farmer, I got this:

Although I still think it’s due to a disk error because I have most of my disks setup as mount points and a few of them were very slow to show up after rebooting.

I did notice however, that when there are missing disks (eg., the mount point/folder is present, but the drive is missing), chia seems to stop scanning for drives/plots when it encounters the folder with the missing drive. I have one subdirectory listed in chia and all my mount points are under that subdirectory and I turn on recursive scan. Is that a bug in chia?

yes, don’t use recursive scan.

1 Like

Thanks. I rebooted again and now the errors above has gone away. Are those related to the recursive scan?

No, the timeout error is probably a hardware issue.

1 Like