Gigahorse GPU Plotter, GPU Farmer, Plot Sink: Boost Your Chia Farm by 47.2%! Plot in <2 Minutes

Hi madmax,
is there a path or plans to add payouts for the maker of the plot the same way gigahorse pays out its fees?
thanks,
roy

No sorry, that’s not possible.

I thought you were known for doing the impossible :scream:

1 Like

In all seriousness @madMAx43v3r I’m not savy enough to understand the ins and outs but it’s actually a great idea for your plotter/farmer software : you do the draw for your fee, so you could also do another draw (after/before/along-with your fee) to allow pools or other third parties to take part in the fee sharing mechanism during farming.

Pools are having a very hard time in XCH because farming is done mostly solo (low energy cost + high number of blocks per day) vs classical pow.

Plotting services are underdevelopped and expensive, and more profitability for them could mean higher service to small farmers (higher k and C) - the number of small farmers will mechanically grow with netspace.

And who knows what people might invent that could benefit from fee sharing (remote C8-C9 compute, etc.)

More flexibility in your software could mean higher market share for it after BB comes out.

You said you were mostly done with Gigahorse unless there were new ideas, here is a good one!

1 Like

I would like to see free plots paid by the fee. And, also to pay those who can push/participate in the network transfer/storage/torrent. Farm chia plot torrents for new coin/free equal amount of plots to start farming?

2 Likes

It’s the golden goose of the network: 100k+ nodes to do the heavy lifting for free. I imagine it’s why they freaked out when FlexFarmer and NOSSD gained a little traction - sure ‘decentralization’ but also their selling point to corporate customers was the node count.

Here’s is an example:

The GPU Service Providers-
Community of GPUs making Plots and Farming routed Compressed plots for pools/pool users or solo farmers.
GPU Service Providers get a random farmers plot assigned each start to make any one type of plot.
GPU Service Providers get paid Plotcoin per plot or whatever % fee (xch) injected into the made plot with a maker payout: 1 PlotCoin per plot created. So then 1 Plotcoin = 1 plot. 1 Plotcoin = ?xch
GPU Farmer Providers get random assignments: Plot & Farm Switching every 15-30 min.
GPU Farming Provider gets paid with madmax fee like payout: A % of farmers payout.

New Users Providing Local space for Plotcoins-
App/chain/DL/torrent confirms the earned Plotcoins are from using spare space on hd supporting the plot torrents network. Shared space can be ANY size since its torrent.
App/chain/DL/torrent pays in Plotcoins for network storage size and time provided.
User accumulates Plotcoins for future farm.

New User- has enough coins to claim plots- ready to farm. Or Get plots with maker fees.
Users submit coins for plots to be downloaded as new user space becomes available. Or they download plots with maker fees - like 1 click farming.

I think it could help onboard people who just have small space. They can accumulate coins for themselves and others to buy plots. Also give them time to learn about chia while they earn the plots/coins.

I don’t see why not, with all the added features they’ve added to the project, it’s probably doable.

I stopped reading at this point, if I’ve spent hundreds of dollars on drives, why would I give them away on the off chance somebody gives me 25%, a much better bet is to farm the drives and keep 100% less electricity costs and of course you’d need hardware to put them in.

1 Like

Made me chuckle. ( 20 chrs )

1 Like

I dont mean give your HD away for free only plotting service. Another way would be to just pay shipping out or not pay anything and use the plot coin to pay for shipping automaticaly connected to the system.
Thats the least import thing about this and isnt needed.- Just an option for those in remote places not able to download but have tons of HDs and are able to earn Plotcoins usable to put toward delivery.

I think Madmax could build the GPU Plotter/Farming Pool.
NOSSD can build/add the payout system for plot makers.
and bram/chia can build the torrent tracking Plotcoin payout system or just configuring a DL should work.

also:
plot is not made till coin is used.
we can get the price of what a plot is worth.
is this what one click farming would look like?

make it possible heh … i was sure it was created to make it possible, this is the primary purpose of this blockchain, no?

1 Like

I think that’s a bit too much creativity :smiley:

its just 3 things.

1. Creat plots with maker fees.
  2. Make GPU pool.
  3. Track files moving around and its network peers.

1 CLick plotting - Users download plots with injected fees
OR- User moves files equal to the amount of needed plots/Plot Support.

how else is one click plotting going to work?

No more waisitng time selling/marketing plots.

You forgot step 0: do a hard fork of Chia Network to change the plot format

No fork. Just add features to Gigahorse System.
or good start for a new coin.

I cant be the only one whos plotter has caught fire.

Hi ,

I have a problem with one of my farm .

I have 66 Drives with plot C8

When I let my computer on , without turning on Chia gigahorse Farmer , every HDD are detected and I can access without any problem .

The problems comes when I turn on Chia gigahorse Farmer …

When I turn it on , the software detect all the HDD ( so 7197 Plots ) but after 1-2 hours it detect 5700 plots then 4302 plots . During that process the HDD cannot be detected by Windows/crystal disk anymore !

I dont understand why ?

I tried to check each HDD and they work fine .
I let them turn on for days and I tested each HDD with the conclusions that no detections/acces/reading/writing problems . It only happens when Chia gigahorse Farmer is on !

Does somebody has the same problems ?

Is it a problem with :

-Pool Partial Difficulty?

• Plot Reload Interval?

• GPU usage ?

I have a RTX 3060 12Gb on a PCIx8 3.0 .

Thx for your Help .

@OliveOwl It would be better starting a new thread, rather than spamming this thread with what is most likely a hardware related issue.

You’re not the only one, I have seen a few of these across here, Reddit, and the Discords. I don’t have a solid answer on your situation specifically, but bumping pool difficulty up seems to be a common answer with compressed wonkiness. Another (possibly less appealing) fix was a suggestion to pick a less aggressive compression (probably C7 in this case) but your plot count seems reasonable… I wouldn’t start here maybe. Another way to test that theory would be to bring less plots online and see if they hold stable, say, 4000 plots worth since it seems to walk down to that level anyway.

Good luck in any case, hopefully someone has a solid lead for ya.

Hi Ronski ,

As it is written , it is not an hardware issues .