GrinderPro FPGA

I dont discord, so Im out of the loop, which sucks…but also see above nonsense statements claiming I said crap I didnt say. I only deal in public venues in no small measure as a result of such folks and their nonsense.

Still there should be an easy proof like a pic or screenshot to back things up some more. Also how much netspace are they currently spoofing and what wallet address would be very solid further proofs.

Edit: of all the discords, I miss the MM one the most :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Shoot me an email with your number. k1@k1.io

he’s definitely been one of the instigators trying to get reactions from people on here and other socials, but there is a severe lack of (or often no) moderation on this unofficial site so people get away with a lot of things, including the scammers still actively DM’ing people here when people post about wallet issues, its been one of the problems getting anything meaningful out of this site when so many leave because of so many issues.

1 Like

I have never seen him instigate anything. Ever.

Calculations are here as part of Tighten Plot Filter Rules CHIP: CHIP-0013: Tighten Plot Filter Rules by jmhands · Pull Request #57 · Chia-Network/chips · GitHub

That’s both disrespectful and homophobic!

the challenges must be reversible. I’m reading more about probalistic computing thats breaks RSA

The invertible nature of the circuit once it is encoded into an Ising system, shown in Fig 1.10c,
allows to operate it in reverse: rather than choosing two numbers and getting their product,
one can choose the final result of the multiplication (by clamping the relevant bits by changing
the bias matrix h) and let the system evolve to a state that satisfies the truth table of all the
gates in the circuit, which naturally yields the correct factors.

also 6 order of magnitude!

Utilizing the characteristics of field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), the researchers from UCSB demonstrated an architecture that was six orders of magnitude higher performing, featuring an increased sampling rate five to 18x faster than classical computer optimization algorithms.

Although the team also showed that building probabilistic computers can be achieved using off-the-shelf hardware, Camsari noted that nanodevices with much higher levels of integration could speed up p-bit communication, effectively increasing computational power by cutting the time it takes a probabilistic processor to make an intelligent decision.

He added that the initial findings at Purdue back in 2019, as well as more recent developments such as his latest work at UCSB, indicate that if engineers can create probabilistic computers with millions of p-bits, they can achieve competitive performance in tackling complex optimization and probabilistic-based, decision-making problems.

That wont increase efficiency.

You need to somehow find what inputs would create a certain output of a chain of hash functions without brute forcing it. Something like that. In order to build proofs without doing full phase 1 compute.

But if you can do that, it would break every PoW coin.

2 Likes

you cannot break all encryption why else

Public support for counterterrorism efforts using probabilistic computing technologies to decipher terrorist communication on the internet

sounds like the patriot act.

2 Likes

Probalistic computers don’t break encryption per se but they allow you to find patterns or weaknesses so if there is an exploit it can be exploited.

If you find a weakness then you use a different probabilistic computer to optimize the brute force attack in real time by focusing on the most likely keys first.

The first p-circuit exploit finding setup requires access to a supercomputer, but the actual real-time system used by agencies is normally a fpga setup. Kind of like training AI setup vs inference setup. Totally different compute requirements.

Stacked or layered encryption systems are more likely to have a pattern that can be exploited.

There’s no encryption though, just hashing.

You’re basically looking for patterns in ChaCha8 + Blake2b hashes.

There’s a pattern in table 1 matching, but not sure if that helps. I’ve tried to exploit it before many times for compression.

What’s the price cost you are looking for per unit?

China has Visa Exemption rules for some EU countries for some months now, including Germany.

1 Like

If this is real there has to be some of exploit of the plot verifier code.

Right now I’m leaning on this being fake until proven otherwise.

Yes I agree, but the whole point of hash functions is their random output and inability to reverse it.

So it’s gotta be something else. Like if you could find collisions in proofs where different plot ids generate the same proof, you could grind for those. Since the plot challenge would be different it would give you a different “ticket” for each plot id, even with the same proof.

But the likelihood to find these is really small…

Hello,

My name is Brandon and I am a bitcoin miner in Texas who dabbles in Chia farming. I was able to set up a meeting with Grinder Pro team in September.

Both team members are postdocs at Shenzhen University. One sent me his LinkedIn so I think they may be legit (BSEE undergrad at UC Berkeley).

Will keep you guys updated.

3 Likes

Awesome.

I personally only care if it’s real or not, trying to replicate it would cost way too much time and money.

Yes I am more interested if they can do something similar with Bitcoin mining to increase efficiency. We used to use FPGAs for Bitcoin mining over 10 years ago.