Hardware trading for all UAE citizens

Hey, if you live in the UAE and want to trade some hardware, reply to this thread!

I want to buy 6pb of hdd, if someone is interested that would be nice
(and also which pool do you use, I know there is a lot of them so do not know which one to choose)

don’t have that much to sell (don’t really know if someone have but hope someone do)

about pool: actually you need to choose it by yourself, don’t listen to ads or smth, just compare and look for advantages that YOU need. Like I use findchia because of great support and no fees but maybe you need smth else, I dunno (again its not and ad, choose by yourself)

Consider Flexpool, we’re based in Canada so we aren’t required to block/ban farmers in nations banned by the US government.

1 Like

What kind of a discriminating comment is this please???

Nobody here is banned by the US government, but I’ll definitely make sure I ban you guys from my choice of pool providers… Hopefully many others do, too…

I strongly recommend you revisit your sales pitches…

The below comes from Spacepool although I assume the other US pools are the same. If you are in a nation with a rocky relationship with the US I’d suggest avoiding US based pools as you may get banned at any time.

Space BotBOT — 07/23/2021

A full Explanation of Restricted Territories can be found in Section 4.3 here: Space Pool - Chia Farming Pool Unfortunately, Space Pool is disabled for users connecting from the following countries: Burundi, Cuba, Crimea region, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela, Yemen or any other country to which the United States embargoes goods or imposes similar sanctions (collectively, “Restricted Territories”). Space Pool does not discriminate and welcomes all users with open arms, however, by operating in the United States we need to comply with local embargo laws and regulations.

From their terms of service:

4.3 Restricted Territories.

You represent that you are entering into these Terms to access the Services, then you are not a resident, national, or agent of Burundi, Cuba, Crimea region, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela, Yemen or any other country to which the United States embargoes goods or imposes similar sanctions (collectively, “Restricted Territories”).

1 Like

I don’t think you understand how embargo laws work within the US. There are multiple countries and their citizens that US-based entities are forbidden to do any business with, US based pools included. Chris was not at all wrong to point out that, as a Canadian based pool, they do not have to abide by these laws and are able to freely transact business with everyone globally.

1 Like

These days, many people dont seem to know, what discrimination is. :disappointed_relieved:

UAE isn’t on that list though is it - the USA and the UAE have a very cordial diplomatic relationship.

Not going to get myself too involved in a debate on geopolitics - but it is a bit uninformed to assume that because some countries in a region are on an embargo list that all of them are.

Would you respond like this?

OP: Chia users in the UK, this is your thread! (London, Manchester, Bristol, etc.)
You: Join our pool because we can get around the US trade embargoes that you’re probably subject to
OP: Eh?
You: Look! a list of embargoes to totally different countries, Crimea is in the same continent, so I guess that probably applies to you.

If that seems like a weird exchange… that’s how you sound.

1 Like

My friend, I’ll try and stay as polite as I can but it’s increasingly difficult as I simply don’t tolerate ignorance. I work in senior management of a Fortune 500 company and am based in the Middle East. If there is somebody who doesn’t understand how embargoes work, I think it’s you, because clearly your geography knowledge (or rather that of our Canadian friends) don’t qualify either of you to enter this conversation.

Geared at the Canadian dudes: if you don’t know where countries are on a map, then maybe look them up and refrain from silly comments like that. I really don’t have much to add here.

that’s the more polite version of my reply, well done :slight_smile:

If someone offers me help, cuz he thinks, id need some, i wouldnt insult him, if he’s wrong.

Yes currently the UAE isn’t on that list only specific companies in the UAE. All I said originally was “we’re based in Canada so we aren’t required to block/ban farmers in nations banned by the US government” and this was meant as a selling point, as in its a little less risky to farm with us. You may not be sanctioned/blocked today but who knows what tomorrow holds and if all pools are equal then the one with lower risk should be superior. Your original comment was that “Nobody here is banned by the US government” and obviously that’s untrue. I have posted proof of such.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Iran-tensions/US-imposes-sanctions-on-companies-in-Iran-China-and-UAE

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-iran-sanctions-idUSKCN25F1V7

“If that seems like a weird exchange… that’s how you sound.” I get what you mean and apologize I didn’t mean any offence. I suspect its partially the cultural difference.

Good hasty googling.

• Specific companies, so unlikely to be relevant.
  • Specific companies, so unlikely to be relevant.
  • Weapons? certainly not relevant.

Really not interested in arguing about it, though. You’re still derailing a thread, I understand why the OP is annoyed that the first thing you think of is sanctions - but let’s leave it at that.

1 Like

Hi, I’m selling part of my chia farm

14TB WD Elements x5, 1200 AED ea
16TB WD Elements x1, 1400 AED

I can also nft plot each drive for 20 aed. Plotting speed is approximately 8TB per a day.

I’m based in Sharjah.
Thanks

Hi John, just FYI, the price for new 14TB hard drives (Seagate Exos 14TB) which are full NAS drives, 7200 rpm etc is 1190 AED + shipping. So I am not sure you will get what you are asking for…
Are you selling any JBOD or drive enclosures?

Really where do you get these prices? They’re external WD element drives. The same ones found here https://www.amazon.ae/Elements-Desktop-External-Hard-Drive/dp/B07Y3KDVZH/