Help with chia-plotter (hpool)?

Hi, guys!

I have 3700X AMD, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD (D:) and 6 x 4TB HDD (E:, F:, G:, H:, I:, J:). I’m new in Chia plotting, so I have a question about the plotting.bat. Is this the correct way to set it up?

chia-plotter-windows-amd64 -action plotting -plotting-fpk XXX -plotting-ppk XXX -b 4000 -r 8 -plotting-n 40 -d e:\ -t d:\
chia-plotter-windows-amd64 -action plotting -plotting-fpk XXX -plotting-ppk XXX -b 4000 -r 8 -plotting-n 40 -d f:\ -t d:\
chia-plotter-windows-amd64 -action plotting -plotting-fpk XXX -plotting-ppk XXX -b 4000 -r 8 -plotting-n 40 -d g:\ -t d:\
chia-plotter-windows-amd64 -action plotting -plotting-fpk XXX -plotting-ppk XXX -b 4000 -r 8 -plotting-n 40 -d h:\ -t d:\
chia-plotter-windows-amd64 -action plotting -plotting-fpk XXX -plotting-ppk XXX -b 4000 -r 8 -plotting-n 40 -d i:\ -t d:\
chia-plotter-windows-amd64 -action plotting -plotting-fpk XXX -plotting-ppk XXX -b 4000 -r 8 -plotting-n 40 -d j:\ -t d:\
pause

Thanks!

I don’t think we provide hpool help here, hpool has their own custom code from what I understand?

1 Like

Oh, I’m sorry! I was hoping someone farming with them had encountered this problem. I posted the question on their Github page, I hope they answer me there :slight_smile:

Don’t bother plotting with their plotter man you don’t need to. Just plot using chia or plotman or something similar with your pool and farmer key. Just use their software to farm

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the suggestion! I was wondering if that’s going to work. I’ll plot with the original software and farm with their miner once the plots are ready.

I plot using a different PC than the one I’m farming on Hpool with. That way I can avoid wrongfully getting nailed for double farming. I fill a drive on the plotting PC, letting it solo farm the entire time until it’s full. Then I move it over to the farming PC and add it to the Hpool miner. Just keep filling drives this way and not theoretically missing out on any rewards.

Any and all XCH farmed goes to a separate wallet on a 3rd PC not connected to the other two.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info, guys! Does that mean that we’ll be able to use the same created plots for the official pool when it’s available? Also, do I need to re-create the plots at some point, or they need to be created just once?

Yeah you will have to replot for official pools. Best to do that with a new wallet and keys instead of the ones you used for hpool just to be safe :blush:

1 Like

seems good strategy, could you please explain how we can do that, or link to a tutorial?