How my PC can fast plotting and best plotting config

It took a while, but with your help, I finally put together a plotting PC set.

Dell Optiplex 970 SFF

• CPU i5-2400 3.10 Gzh (Turbo 3.4 Ghz) 4 colors, 4 threads
  • RAM 4x 4GB (totaly 16 GB) DDR3 1333 Mhz
  • SSD SATA 512GB OR 1 TB, I still don’t know the answer if it would be an advantage to buy 1 TB in my attachment, because it was suggested to me that my PC will probably only handle two processes anyway, so 1 TB is unnecessarily big for me. Sata because my PC can’t m.2 and also for the previous sentence. I wouldn’t use nvme potential with such an old PC.

Question:

1. Do you have any guesses about how fast I will be able to plot with this set?
  2. How do you recommend setting up plotting processes for this report? The PC is reserved for plotting purposes only.

Thank you very much for the information.

See How Many Plots Can I Make a Day? – The Chia Farmer

1 Like

I mean this calculation is unusable because there is no CPU as CPU, no RAM as RAM and no SSD as SSD.

There is a difference between a 1.5 Ghz CPU and a 4.4 Ghz CPU.
Likewise between DD3 and DDR4.
Also between SSD SATA and SSD M.2 nvme

I deduced a lot of charlatan that when I use my CPU and my RAM, I need a disk that will be able to write caa. 80 MB / s, so for two parallel processes, a SSA SATA 500 Gb should really suffice. So I don’t need nvme.

Result:
CPU: (4 + 4) / 2 = 4 parallel processes of plotting
RAM: 16000/3400 = 4 parallel processes of plotting
SSD SATA: 480/250 = 2 parallel processing processes

So it’s bad. I can add a second SATA SSD or just one NVME SSD in an external box via USB, but it’s hard to say if the SSD would nvme USB 3.0. :smiley: Alternatively probably i can put nvme to SATA3 box.