How to calcuate plot times

Does anyone have system plotting system profiles (memory, etc) that they could share? I feel like I may have a fundamental misunderstanding of how plotting works. My logs report a 1.95 min plot time but my memory usage (and plotman reports) indicate that my plot times are just over 5 min. (see attached picture)

Where does this discrepancy come from? Is there some process that is not included in the plot time calculations that is taking up 3 additional minutes? Hopefully it is something I can reduce.

1 Like

the reported plot time by the plotter is the plot time. When the file is done and renamed to .plot it’s done.

Whatever is causing plotman to misreport that, dunno

I have BB plot time ~2.5 min/150s + 40-120s saving plot. I run python script to get average for at least 400 plots…it comes usually ~3.44min/207s RAM > final storage

why do you bother with some 3rd party stuff?

In Linux I see always 230+GB RAM used, that is what is reserved with first plot. I doubt RAM/swap is any indication of plotting time.

Probably a mismatch between the time taken to actually create the plot, vs the time to write it to a hard drive and REALLY finish it.