How to improve "This should be below 5 seconds to minimize risk of losing rewards"?

Dear all,

First time i wrote in this forum and started few weeks ago with an small size node and with the idea to keep increasing the space constantly.

I was lookining that there is a Warning in the log " This should be below 5 seconds to minimize risk of losing rewards" and i would like to hear some recommendation from the forum to decrease to below 5 second. Currently i followed some ideas and none of them worked:

• List item Turn off disk after → Never
  • List item USB Setting - Usb Selective suspend setting; Disabled
  • List item Plug the network directly to the router (wired instead of wireless)
  • List item Change Warning to Info the “Initial-Config.yaml”. I expected more info in the log file but appears the same…

Log;

2021-05-29T11:50:29.612 harvester chia.harvester.harvester: WARNING  Looking up qualities on  took: 17.942326545715332. This should be below 5 seconds to minimize risk of losing rewards.
2021-05-29T12:15:49.473 harvester chia.harvester.harvester: WARNING  Looking up qualities on plot took: 17.835361003875732. This should be below 5 seconds to minimize risk of losing rewards.
2021-05-29T13:03:13.118 harvester chia.harvester.harvester: WARNING  Looking up qualities on  took: 17.967859745025635. This should be below 5 seconds to minimize risk of losing rewards.
2021-05-29T13:23:28.579 harvester chia.harvester.harvester: WARNING  Looking up qualities on took: 18.046141147613525. This should be below 5 seconds to minimize risk of losing rewards.

More info:
It’s an external drive usb 3.1
I’m located in south america (Delay???)
Happens even when im not ploting

Thanks for your support and i would like to hear those recommendations.
Regards

Do you have one USB drive connected to one plotter/farmer?

What type of network and internet connection do you have?

Hi Fuji, thanks for your quick reply

I have one USB drive connected to the farmer and plotter, however, plotter is happening in an NVME and only transfer the file after the ploting concludes and only takes few minutes to move the files to the farmer (hdd).

Network: I did the test through wifi and wired network. Now Its connected directly to the router ( Zte F670) and the router receives fiber optic internet (60mbs).

Thanks

Well you are within the limit, but it is a long time.

Did you sync the clock of your PC to make sure the time is correct?

https://technicallyeasy.net/fix-prevent-hard-drives-from-going-sleep-windows-10/
This guide worked for me at windows machine.
At Linux couldn’t find an easy solution.

1 Like

yeah, it’s a very long time and i think this will affect my earnings… as I have an overall idea that shorter farming time = more earnings

I think the time is synced, however the chia is using another config…

Thanks and waiting for a plot passed the filter.

You have 30 seconds to respond, it is not that the fastest response will win. But, if you don’t respond within the window you will lose.

How many plots do you have actually at the moment?

1 Like