How to move/import or make visible the newly created "Plot NFT" to multiple machines?

Moving all “mainnet” folder from one machine to another and then fixing it is not an option. There should be some quicker solution.

NFT exists on the block chain. There is no need/reason to “move/import” it to another machine. What is it your actually trying to do?

1 Like

As I said I generated the “Plot NFT” on one machine using the Windows Chia GUI.
I need it on another windows machine visible in the GUI in order to select it for pool plotting & later trasfering funds from it. How could I make it visible and usable there?

Both PC are in the same network?

If it’s in the same network and you want the NFT plot on your plotter machine, which is a full node(mainnet), to be visible on another machine, you can simply run that machine as a harvester.

You can find the instruction here.

However, I recommend that you make your plotter as a harvester instead and set another machine that you will use only for farming as a full node.

Windows GUI people kill me. Don’t run two full nodes. The only thing you need to plot for your NFT is the puzzle hash address which you should be able to get from the first node. The only service you need to run on the second plotter box is the harvester.

If you can’t handle that, just go into the mainnet and delete the wallet DB on the second node when it resyncs the NFT will show up. Assuming you managed to get to full nodes running on your LAN in the first place some how.

Edit: Right. You said you don’t want to copy the whole mainnet folder, which is the correct approach.

On the second box just use CLI for plotting (are you using amad Max?) And chia start harvester. You’ll need to configure the plot dir paths and set the farmer peer in the config.

Nope. They are in different locations and in each location I need a full node. So the recomendation “Don’t run two full nodes” does not apply :slightly_frowning_face:

“The only thing you need to plot for your NFT is the puzzle hash address which you should be able to get from the first node.” => MadMax plotter also requests the pool address, why?

" delete the wallet DB on the second node " => this folder .chia\mainnet\wallet\db ? Won’t it also delete the private key?

Pool address is for OG plots right? I’ll admit to not setting up an NFT yet, maybe today. But you should only need the -c flag.

Why do you think you /need/ two full nodes? I’ve had no issue with remote harvesters connecting to my farmer on home internet. It is a single point of failure and I was down for a few hours when the power went out.

Right! If I start it with just the “-c” flag it complains that it also needs the Farmer Public Key ("-f" flag). Is this OK?

I have two locations that does not see each other. Each one has a full node and a few harvesters. So?
" delete the wallet DB on the second node " => this folder .chia\mainnet\wallet\db ? Won’t it also delete the private key?

1 Like

They should just show up on your other pc when it is synced, assuming you used the same key.

1 Like

Only if Chia was updated and restarted on both systems before creating the NFT. The second wallet will discover it when it handles the block, but only if it’s running the update. If the old version of the wallet already saw the block it won’t revisit to discover the NFT.

2 Likes

Yes that is fine. You always need the farmer key as well You’re just using -c instead of -p

Your private key is not in the wallet DB. This will force the wallet to resync from the full node. Keys are in your OS keychain.

1 Like

10x for the answers. After syncing the second wallet the NFT plot is now also visible on the second PC.

2 Likes