I think a tool like Chiadog is very essential in everyone’s farming. In this how-to, I will show you guys a step-by-step of how to set it up inside a docker container (for obvious security reasons) with Telegram notification so you can forget your farm and do something else
Change the log level to INFO in Chia by running:
./chia configure -log-level=INFO
Pull Chiadog from Github:
git clone https://github.com/martomi/chiadog.git
Install Docker. Please note that my farm is running on Raspberry Pi 4 B 8GB with Ubuntu 21.04. Therefore I will pull the docker image corresponding to my system - arm64v8/ubuntu. You can pull a different image as it doesn’t matter, but I recommend anything Ubuntu
sudo apt install docker.io sudo docker pull arm64v8/ubuntu
- Create a docker container for Chiadog
- First, create an empty file called “chiadog_docker_setup.sh”. It will be used only once but it’s easier to carefully create and then run the edited script as a file later. Inside a script file, enter this code:
docker run -it \ --mount type=bind,source=/home/your_username/chiadog,target=/home/your_username/chiadog \ --mount type=bind,source=/home/your_username/.chia/mainnet/log,target=/home/your_username/.chia/mainnet/log \ arm64v8/ubuntu
- The above script assumes that everything is installed in its default location/directory. The source path is the actual location in your system. The target path is the location you want it to appear inside a docker container. In order to avoid confusion, I use the same path for both of them.
- Save the script file and run it in the terminal:
sudo sh chiadog_docker_setup.sh
- Setup the prerequisites for Chiadog inside the container
apt update apt upgrade apt install python3 apt install python3-pip pip install --trusted-host=pypi.python.org --trusted-host=pypi.org --trusted-host=files.pythonhosted.org --upgrade --proxy=127.0.0.1:3128 wheel
- Install Chiadog inside the container
cd /home/your_username/chiadog ./install.sh cp config-example.yaml config.yaml
- Setup Telegram Bot for Chiadog’s notification (you can use other services but I prefer Telegram)
- Visit BotFather and kindly ask him to make you a new bot by typing
/newbotin the chat room. He will help you set up a new bot. Follow his instructions and you will get your bot token at the end of the process.
- Get your ID by asking the IDBot by typing
/getidin the chat room.
- Setup Chiadog’s config.yaml file inside the container:
apt install nano nano config.yaml
- In the log section, change
file_pathin to your Chia’s log location
chia_logs: file_log_consumer: enable: true file_path: '/home/your_username/.chia/mainnet/log/debug.log'
- In the
notifiersection, enable Telegram
telegram: enable: true daily_stats: true wallet_events: true credentials: bot_token: 'your_bot_token' chat_id: 'your_telegram_id'
Run Chiadog inside the container:
If everything goes well, you should see something like
Detected new plots. Farming with 42 plots.
To stop the container, open a new terminal then list (to get the container’s ID) and stop your running container by:
sudo docker ps sudo docker stop your_container_id
- To start the container again in order to run Chiadog
sudo docker start -i your_container_id cd /home/your_username/chiadog ./start.sh
You can also put
sudo docker start -i your_container_id into a new script file that you will use every time when you want to run this container again in the future so you don’t have to remember
- Create a new script file called
sudo docker start -i your_container_idinside the script.
- Run it by
sudo sh chiadog_docker.sh.
I hope this helps