Identify plotter?

Hello,
is there a way to check if an existing plot was created by MadMax or by the original chia-software ?
THX, stn

None that I am aware of.

If they were different then MadMax wouldn’t be very good at its job…

Also, why does it matter?

They better not be different. Still there could be some ID in the header or some other small difference.

Why? I am getting an error that seems to be somehow related to keys, “KeyError”, in the logfile.
But the keys (farmer + pool) are correct, so this error makes no sense at all or means something different.

So I would like to make sure that this was not caused by MadMax, and the easiest way to do that is to temporarily not use plots made with MadMax. So it would be helpful to identify them.

Any other ideas concering the “KeyError” are welcome.

THX, stn

Can you copy the error and paste it here? Don’t think I’ve ever heard of it.

Also, you can validate your plots with chia plots check if those are passing then its probably not the plots.

chia plots check validates fine.
There are no messages “…public key that is not in the farmer’s pk list” .
All plots are loaded and display in GUI and chia plot summary.
So, by all criteria that I know it is all in order.

And it stays that way until a proof is found. Then the next line is “KeyError”

So far I have only had that situation in chia-forks. That is because their networks are smaller and I actually found proofs while chia itself has not reported a proof in a long time.

But AFAIK this does not make a difference as long a the fork accepts “original” chia-plots. Most forks do.

So, error-message is this:

2021-08-07T19:22:15.440 harvester fork.harvester.harvester: INFO     5 plots were eligible for farming b9a4d10a20... Found 1 proofs. Time: 1.46069 s. Total 2434 plots
2021-08-07T19:22:15.454 harvester fork.harvester.harvester: WARNING  KeyError plot plot-k32-2021-05-17-18-34-35c214158f1bbb52d345ca674056cb56531bca2afa33b3f2d57e51c6ca013e59.plot does not exist.
  • the plotfile does exist and has been checked and verified in every way chia has
  • all keys are OK
  • yet no rewards :man_shrugging:

Just to be clear here, finding a proof when you’re part of a pool doesn’t mean you’ve won a block. It could just mean you found a partial proof.

As for the key error, yeah that’s weird. Is it a different plot each time?

I am not in a pool.
How can I tell if a proof is partial? Does that show in the log?

Yes, different plot each time.

Ha sorry, I had assumed you were with a pool. Are these OG plots? or (self-pooled) NFT plots?

I created them with -f ( --farmer_public_key ) and -p, (–pool_public_key)
I did not use -c (–pool_contract_address)
So I believe that they are OG.

Yeah, they should be OG plots. Afaik then, you should have got a reward for that proof. But that warning is weird.

2021-08-07T19:22:15.454 harvester fork.harvester.harvester: WARNING  KeyError plot plot-k32-2021-05-17-18-34-35c214158f1bbb52d345ca674056cb56531bca2afa33b3f2d57e51c6ca013e59.plot does not exist.

Did it mean that the plot doesn’t exist (although you say it does). or does the key for that plot not exist?

Did you check that specific plot with

chia plots check -g plot-k32-2021-05-17-18-34-35c214158f1bbb52d345ca674056cb56531bca2afa33b3f2d57e51c6ca013e59.plot

and it passed?

Sorry buddy, don’t think I can be much help here. This is beyond me.

I did that just now. It passed:

> 2021-08-11T02:19:00.617  chia.plotting.check_plots        : INFO     Summary
> 2021-08-11T02:19:00.617  chia.plotting.check_plots        : INFO     Found 1 valid plots, total size 0.09901 TiB
> 2021-08-11T02:19:00.618  chia.plotting.check_plots        : INFO     1 plots of size 32

The error-message contains the full path (I edited the path) and the specified file exists and has the correct size and is readable and all.
Actually, if it did not exist it would not even be loaded and used for proof.

Thanks anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

If there was a problem with the keys or with the plot then I would assume chia plots check would have raised an issue.

Maybe your drive is temporarily disconnecting? I really don’t know.

I hope someone can help you find the answer. I wish you the best of luck. :+1:

this is no related to MadMax plotter.

async def request_signatures(self, request: harvester_protocol.RequestSignatures):
        """
        The farmer requests a signature on the header hash, for one of the proofs that we found.
        A signature is created on the header hash using the harvester private key. This can also
        be used for pooling.
        """
        plot_filename = Path(request.plot_identifier[64:]).resolve()
        with self.harvester.plot_manager:
            try:
                plot_info = self.harvester.plot_manager.plots[plot_filename]
            except KeyError:
                self.harvester.log.warning(f"KeyError plot {plot_filename} does not exist.")
                return None

Yes, I saw that piece of code too.
What does it mean? What does that tell me about the cause of this error?
And even more important: what can I do about it?

as you use a fork version, it is maybe a bug on the fork version.

Also it maybe contains none-ascii chars in the path location. or your disk(share folder?) is not stable.

I thought of all that too.

• all paths are ascii, not even spaces are used
  • I stopped using shares and only use local harddisks, just to be sure. Also I tried different computers. All of this has no effect on the error.
  • there may be one unstable fork, but I have installed several, mainly to get around the problem of possibly unstable forks.
    Most forks are stable and the error remains unchanged.

how many forks you run on one PC, chia, flax, etc. maybe file locked by some process. all forks have the same error report ?

Yes, same message everywhere.

Plots get used only for short moments at a time. Two processes on the same plot in the same second can happen, of course, but only once and certainly not every time. Also I am very sure that the farmer only reads the plots and does not lock them.

Just to be sure I will try running only one farmer.
But I have not seen any hint anywhere that farmers get into each other’s way so I do not expect that this will help.