Inexpensive harvesting rig

Are you able to open the bays on the bottom 8-bay Syba enclosure, enough to swap out a drive?

Do you mean “For sale”, or “On sale”?

I am asking because the $237 price is what they always charge (it sometimes changes by a dollar or two).

I just put those two servers there a day ago and can slide to the left 2 inches if needed, but the lower enclosure is farming.

Dude there people who buy things and don’t know why, this guy had this new unit for less than a week and didn’t use it and posted it. I didn’t say why didn’t you just return it.

Todays Amazon deal

1 Like

I’m a buyer not seller!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I like the pic in the listing. Unit is UPSIDE DOWN for heaven’s sake!!!

2 Likes

This guy has a 5-bay, with your E-sataport, you could offer him $120.00 and see if he bites.

Syba 5 Bay Tool Less Tray Hot Swappable 2.5" 3.5" SATA III RAID HDD External USB | eBay

Tell me, maybe that’s why he sold it so cheat :joy: :joy: :joy:

But it’s running no issues.

2 Likes

What is the advantage of using 5 bays?

Some folks out here bought some 5 bays a while back, just showing prices.

1 Like

Today’s deal must have ended. I cannot find it for $213.70 – only $237.45.

Amazon.com: Syba 8 Bay Tool Less Tray Hot Swappabe 2.5" 3.5" SATA Non Raid External USB 3.0 Enclosure SY-ENC50119 : Electronics

Still there click on my link

Unlikely, I 3D printed some racks last year and sold them on eBay, but nothing this year.

Amazon must be pulling shenanigans, based on cookies or IP identification, because your link brings me to the same page, priced at $237.45

Perhaps since it has been 5 months since your last purchase, Amazon is enticing you with a lower price.

Somehow, that seems underhanded, because all customers should be presented with the same price. It might even be illegal for a business to publicly list different prices for different people, and do so covertly.

I tried a different browser, and still got $237.45.

I tried via TOR network, and also got $237.45. I am actually surprised that Amazon did not block that TOR based request.

Do you have Amazon Prime?

No.

So that must be the reason.

I get all of my Amazon deliveries for free, and usually within 2 days.
So I saw no reason to send Amazon a subscription payment every month.

If i click it, it says join prime to get this item for $213.70

But it seems that with prime you might get items cheaper!!! And allot of items come next day. Lets see $237.45-$213.70=$23.75 and thats on one item. That surely more than my monthly fee. “So I saw no reason to send Amazon a subscription payment every month.” If somebody would add up all the things I get and can get a free lunch. :grin:

1 Like

I did not know that the subscription offers discounts, other than on shipping (because Amazon nags me to join to save on shipping).

How much is the monthly subscription?

Im kinda tempted, but its crypto winter, better to fill some bags :wink: