Inexpensive harvesting rig

10 gbp ish iirc pm ( 20 chrs )

The Amazon Prime Membership Fee - Amazon Customer Service

I even buy online instead of driving to Walmart.

I was not aware that Walmart sold Syba enclosures.
:wink:

1 Like

They may host for people selling items like Amazon also.

Why do we need to biy this what is for puspose ? Please share with me :). Many thanks :slight_smile:

I do not know to what “this” you are referring.

Please quote the comment to which you are asking a question.

Ah, sorru…" to buy this"

I still do not know to what “this” is referring.

Please quote the comment and ask your question below the quoted comment.

They are discussing external harddisk enclosures, and with Chia, we like the JBOD, or “just a bunch of disks” arrangement. You mentioned in a previous post that you are starting with 6TB and growing - JBOD setups are very far down the line for you. You won’t need one until you are tired of buying external harddrives https://www.newegg.com/wd-elements-18tb-black/p/N82E16822234436?Item=N82E16822234436 and you have no more space for internal harddrives either https://www.newegg.com/seagate-exos-x18-st18000nm000j-18tb/p/1B4-00VK-00616?Item=1B4-00VK-00616.

I am a small farmer too (about 17TB) and don’t use one yet either. You may never need one if you are only building out a small farm :+1: .

Oh, and the “speech bubble” at the top left of the edit window for “quote whole post” works for identifying posts in messy or long comments - it is neater than just using the “reply” button. I should probably start using it more myself lol.

3 Likes

I was ready to place an order for another Syba 8 bay unit. But Amazon’s price is:
$268.98

I am not a prime member.
@drhicom What is your Prime member price showing you?

This morning on Amazon, even with Prime

There is a $213.29

Have to wait and shop…

1 Like

I did not notice (until your photo) that they had one “used” for $213.29 available, sold and backed by Amazon.
They had “one”, and I just purchased it.

I hope it is in good working condition. Amazon is easy to work with in the event of a problem.

1 Like

That $213.xx unit is gone off the list!!!

1 Like

Because Seymour bought it.

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: hello ,

2 Likes

With the cheaper price earlier, it is $27 housing for one hard drive. What is other option to make it cheaper?

Wait for a deal on Ebay on a semi new unit.

See Ebay can be your friend

Still backed by Ebay buyer protection for money back. In 20 years of buying on Ebay and 16 years buying for the dev lab spending more than $200,000.00 in Boca Raton Fl, I have never been out any money etc.

Perhaps Syba adjusts their pricing, based on their inventory?

When @drhicom posted the listing, the price was $213.70, and simply showed “In Stock” (usually that means that the drop-down quantity menu will allow you to purchase up to 30 units).

Now, with the price at $268.99, they are showing 16 in stock.

Hopefully they will return to their lower pricing when their inventory is replenished.

1 Like

I want to try one of these for $150.00
Amazon.com: QNAP TL-D800C 8 Bay Desktop JBOD Storage Enclosure with USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C Connectivity : Everything Else