Is parallel Farming and Plotting on the same GPU possible (Gigahorse/Bladebit)?

Is it possible to simultaneously farm and plot using the same GPU, both for Gigahorse and Bladebit?

My impression for Gigahorse would be simple like (correct me if I’m wrong):

so that 8GB VRAM card could do both at the same time, sharing GPU resources and slowing down plotting process. Is there a way to prioritize farming, as it has to be real-time process?

What’s about Bladebit?

I have tried this with 128 GB ram, rtx 3060 bladebit, i7 10700F 2.9 GHz windows 11 and 500 GB SSD. It was OK to plot C7 and farm on the same machine. Direct io was on (default) copying the new plot from SSD to the hard disk. Total space was 230 TB with about 3.000 compressed plots.
Temp1: SSD Temp2: Hard Disk

2 Likes

Was your RTX 3060 8 or 12GB version?

12 GB. I think 8 GB would not be enough for chia gui. Farming needs about 2 GB GPU ram.

I plan to run it on a headless Linux server, so there should be no GUI. Occupying the second PCI-E slot would be real waste of space. :frowning:
Has anyone in this kind of configuration achieved plotting and farming simultaneously?

Seems to work on blade-bit cuda too, farming response time is slowed though so it’ll depend on how close to the maximum your at already, was using a 3080 and C6 plots, farming latency up to about 4 sec when plotting.

1 Like

3080 was a regular 10GB version, or 12GB one?

10gb founders edition

I’m running almost the same setup as Ksevin except on Ubuntu desktop and a 8GB 3060 ti . The harvester would crash about once every 2 days so I had to have a script running that would restart it automatically. It’s been seamless otherwise