MadMax plotter stuck at plot number 2

Hello Everyone
Machine: Ryzen 9 5950x, 64 GB Ram 3200 Mhz and 2 + 4 TB NVMe MP 600

First plot is always working well, where i use 30 or 32 Threads, but second plot it always get stuck.

I have tried to plot on both NVMe seperated and together, but no matter what its getting stuck and has no activity on my NVMe:

Weird one, the only times I’ve seen it get stuck like that is when it runs out of space on the disk…but that doesn’t seem likely in your case

what is the command you are using?

Yes, I have plenty of space left on all NVMe’s and Sata drives.

I have used these:
./chia_plot.exe -n -1 -f FarmerPublicKey -c PoolContractAddress -t D:\ -2 D:\ -d F:\ -r 30 -u 256 -v 128
./chia_plot.exe -n -1 -f FarmerPublicKey -c PoolContractAddress -t E:\ -2 E:\ -d F:\ -r 30 -u 256 -v 128
./chia_plot.exe -n -1 -f FarmerPublicKey -c PoolContractAddress -t D:\ -2 E:\ -d F:\ -r 30 -u 256 -v 128
./chia_plot.exe -n -1 -f FarmerPublicKey -c PoolContractAddress -t E:\ -2 D:\ -d F:\ -r 30 -u 256 -v 128

As I see it. I’m doing everything right, but it’s stuck in the beginning of plot nr. 2.

To understand what’s going on, you need to see error message. I used stotkis build before and some scripts out of the box copy stdout to file for logging. Unfortunately it suppresses stderr stream.

To work around this, run the chia_plot.exe with only necessary parameters and direct stderr into stdout like so:

command 2>&1

If you discover an error saying something like “core dumped”, you are out of memory and script crashes

These parameters are way too much! Go with these instead:

-r 16 -u 256 -v 512

Thank you for the answer. I have no experience with Powershell, so I don’t know what all this means.
I just followed a guide on youtube: How To Setup MadMax Chia Plotter On The New Pooling Protocol! Tutorial Chia Farming, Chia Update! - YouTube

I will try: -r 16 -u 256 -v 512

In the Chia GUI can i plot 30 plots per day (15 plots x 2 times), so that’s also not too bad.

with 64GB RAM I doubt its an out of memory error

I saw stuff like this happen frequently in Windows, I switched to Linux and it happened less but still occurred a few times.

One thing that seemed to help (no clue why) was to not use the “finaldir” arg for mad max, and just use a separate background rsync script to move the plot at the end to the final location.

my suspicion for this kind of stuff is generally a hardware failure somewhere but without error messages its not really easy to know for sure. But in general, after I found something like this had happened, if I poked around and investigated the temp1/temp2 drives, I would find that one or both of them had gone unresponsive, would vanish from disk manager and/or File Explorer, etc., basically needed a reboot (sometimes two) to get things to start working again.

it happened a lot less for me in Ubuntu so maybe consider trying that as well

My friend has the same CPU as me, but he is also using a RAM disk.
He has been using the same command line as above with (32 threads) over 10.000 plots without any problem.

I think it’s because of my D:\ NVME (2 TB) or F:\ SATA (16 TB) drive.
They are also a lot slower than my E:\ NVMe (4 TB) and G:\ SATA (16 TB)

When I plot in the Chia GUI. 7 plots (2 TB NVMe) and 8 plots (4 TB NVMe) at the same time.
My 4 TB NVMe is always faster, where it takes a lot of time at 100% for my 2 TB NVMe to be finish.

From alot of what I’ve seen mm can stop for a cpl of reasons.
Commonly nvme temps or bad ram.
Even if you test the ram and it passes, it can still cause issues.

My NVMe are Corsair MP600 and they stays very cool with a fan blowing direct on the heat sinks.

I can easily plot in the Chia GUI. 30 plots (15 x 2) per day.