madMAx released GH 3.0 today. C29-C33 compression

Yes, I am using -M 128 with .\cuda_plot_k32_v3

And you got at least 220G of free RAM before starting the plot?

Yes, the last attempt was with a fresh reboot

image|645x500

Maybe the RAM was busy copying plots to other drives, this was my configuration:

.\cuda_plot_k32_v3 -n 60 -C 31 -t E:\ -t P:\ -t D:\ -d D:\ -d P:\ -d S:\ -d H:\ -M 128

The error came when creating the 3rd or 4th plot…

@madMAx43v3r
Windows deletes the plotter due to a virus: Trojan:Win32/MalUri.A!cl

Try another machine or when you download it, you can accept and keep the file ,it happens to me once in awhile when getting both MMX and Chia files.

1 Like

When it does this I use Virus Total to check the file, if I then consider it safe I will restore the file, or even white list the directory.

You can also report the file to MS as a false positive.

2 Likes

I managed to start the plotter, but it crashes with an error:

I have 256 GB of RAM on Supermicro H11SSL-i, Epyc 7551p, RTX 3060 12 GB, SSD U.2 3.2 Tb.

You need to use a -M option. Might try to start with -M 48 and see if that works, in your error it shows Max Pinned Memory 960GiB, so its trying to use more then the 256GB you have.

You really should have a separate drive for your Temp disk.
Short money
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NAQPE6J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Amazon.com: Ediloca EN605 1TB M.2 SSD, NVMe1.3 PCIe Gen3 x4 SSD Internal Hard Drive, M.2 2280 - Read/Write Speed up to 2150/1850 MB/s - Internal SSD Compatible with Laptop & PC Desktop : Electronics
Just some ideas to get you going better ( can always get better NVMe’s)

I’m running two instances of the plotter on the same machine, both show “Max Pinned Memory 960GiB”, the computer only has 512GB, so I don’t think its that.

@Evgen1977 Do you have more than one GPU in the plotter?

The error states “CUDA error 2: out of memory”, so seems GPU related.

If he runs out of temp space on that C:\ maybe.

I also have integrated motherboard graphics ASPEED AST2500, but I don’t think the plotter is trying to use it, it’s not a CUDA device.

I didn’t notice that, the RAM load was about 200 GB.

No, there is about 3 TB of free space

Are you using up to date drivers?

I have server-grade SSD Micron 9300 Max 3200 GB

Yes, for 3060 I use the latest one from nvidia.com

Are you farming as well on the same GPU?

1 Like

No, I just wanted to try to create new C31 plots, there is no farming going on

1 Like

New bug fix version for those on Linux, Windows version should be available tomorrow.

Max is moving house today, and he still finds time to fix bugs, amazing, and well done.

2 Likes