Main System Died

I apologize if this has already been asked. I have a main Windows system that has the synced node and wallet as well as the pool I am in (guessing it is the ca directory). I am quite new to this. My system no longer boots but I can get the data from the hard drive.

How do I go about moving my current chia setup to another system? I am trying to keep the same pool/nft, node data and wallet address.

I appreciate any assistance as I realize this could be an undertaking :).

Thanks,

Jeremy

Take that disk that doesn’t boot and copy in you c:\user\XXX the .chia and .chia_keys folders to another USB-disk for backup. On the new system install chia , don’t launch it yet. Copy both folders from your backup disk to you new system in the same naming folder c:\users\XXX then you can launch chia and it should start to sync and your back in business!!

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

1 Like

make sure you have your mnemonic (24 words recovery key) backed up somewhere securely (not in the cloud) Next time you might not be so lucky that you can still access your drives data

in that case, you can add the recovery key on any other system with the chia client.