Mining CHIA. Was this worth it. I think that this might have been a massive mistake

right… GG as long as it was profitable, but for amateurs the game seems to be over soon

Your ROI is 1 (it means 100%) if You were able to create 100% profit (so return Your investment AND earn 8K$ more - this is how it works, because it means, that Your wealth now is 16K (8K$ investment returned + 8K$ profit = 100% ROI). With 0 profit You have exactly -8000$/8000$, which is -1 (-100%).

I know You feel bad with Your unlucky days, but if You will think about it long-term, You will see, that 200K$ is not really a big deal for You. The problem with Your thinking is also, that You see 200K$. You won’t see it, as long as You will see for example 2K$ one month, 5K$ another etc. There is no math in here, there is only probability and expected value. If the chia price will go x100 (which is possible actually, on crypto market everything is possible) You will be a millionare. Seems unrealistic? Not really, it just depends on Chia price. Long-term You will be surely able to reach a lot of blocks.

I think, that a lot of people don’t really understand the statistical perspective on Chia. You can think, that if You won the block, next should occur after a long period of time. In fact, You have exactly the same chance to win the block again right after winning a block. So it’s actually possible, that for example in 1 month You won’t reach any block, and in the other one You will win 6 Chia.

Keep the heads up guys, it’s a good passive income - just don’t focus on that so hard, keep living and bear in mind, that Chia works for You every day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would say even more. Especially for You I have done Monte Carlo simulation, here are only few of the scenarios:

It takes into consideration 156 weeks (3 years), 160 TiBs and chance for winning like 20% in the week (for now, it comes straight from figures) and 0,8% after 3 years (considering growth in netspace). I have run this 1000 times and trust me - there wasn’t any scenario below 8 Chia after 3 years and above 42 Chia, with the expected value around 24. The thing I want to show, is that there are even scenarios (the lightgreen one), that first block reaches on the week 10, but still lands at 22 Chia at the end, after substantial grow (from 0 to 10) between 10 and 30 week.

1 Like

Are those EiB’s on the y-scale?

Im with you, and im in this for a long time. In then end ill be farming it, regardless of my rants lol. Im committed now to see it through. Thanks for all your discussions, helps me and im sure will help many others.

1 Like

Number of chia farmed (considering 160 TiBs over 3 years starting today)

1 Like

Glad to hear that!

Best regards guys,
Mathew

what is a big mistake is indiscriminately buying hardware.

It is what the human being has, who thinks that investing $ 3,000 will be rich overnight.

First earn something with what you have and after that money if you want to invest, if you lose it will only be time.

I have invested in chia 0 I have earned 0, not everyone will be able to say the same.

Earning money working is hard and laborious.
I’m not going to waste my money for a trend.

Smarter would have been to buy WD shares or buy hdd and then sell x2.

1 Like

As the saying goes “You have to spend money to make money”. Sometimes, you spend money and you lose your pants off.

I am in the position where I can say that I have spent money but I am not going overboard. If Chia is still going strong in 2022, after Christmas of 2021, I may consider spending more if I make something or if pooling is around.

dive to below $600, has the big selling begun?

Bitcoin price went down, so of course the Chia price will follow. Nothing to see here.

1 Like

trump thinks bitcoin is a scam and the dollar should rule the world
could be the cause of latest dump

Well, he is the expert on scams…

1 Like

I’m not saying anything and stating my side one way or another here. Let’s not beat up on the guy. He had a rough 2020.

“Bitcoin falls 50% below peak as selloff resumes”

Some more on crackdown…

If you don’t want a response then don’t make a comment

To quote Steve Kerr …

“a soulless coward” who was “unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically” to be president.

My own opinion is far worse

Happy to have the original comment and my response deleted

I welcome any comments. I am open to dialogue. However, don’t take me wrong but getting off topic.

As you seem to be suggesting - best we have a shelter somewhere :slight_smile:

Pick a prior year - Google for opinions on bitcoin and it’s value as a concept. The same ideas/feelings/hopes/despair as then, are on display here re: Chia. IOW, Unless you’re into speculation and can cope with the rollercoaster ride (and often losses) that follows that endeavor, look to a 2-5 yr horizon and be happy if, and when, you succeed, cognizant that you might not, ever. That’s just life.

Where are you going to put your cloud plots when you are finished renting?