New to chia, posting few things that may be interesting and few doubts. i7 8700K ssd nvme 1tb

Hi and thank you in advance to see my topic. I feel sorry that i’ve arrived pretty late to the party but i’m here tho. So it has been a few days creating plotting and doing few test that may help other people.
With my configuration that ill describe below i’m doing 30 plot per day. I’m trying to use whatever i can with low budget(i’ve a lot of 1tb 2tb hdd from fixing pcs and laptop). doing 5 in parallel with 60 sec delay 12 thread. Real time in task manager the chia with high ram usage when it start(doing this you won’t be able to use pc, only surfing and light things until the 32% on all plots). in 2:45 hours u can start the other one(i’m creating a tool to automatize it and when it ready if can be interesting i can share with the community).
My config is i7 8700k 4.7 ghz 32gb ram DDR 3200mhz(stable) MB aorus master 2 ssd nvme m2 2tb.
If anyone has a similar config do you think there is any better way to save time?
When i reach my temporary goal of 60-70 TB(probably in 3 week if everything goes well). With this amount going solo will be pretty useless since like i said i reached the party pretty late so do you suggest a pool?
If u have any question about my config(you need screenshot or other things) will be my pleasure to provide what you need. And thank you in advance to answer my questions

1 Like

there are already a few of them out there, for windows, have a look at Swar’s plotmanager

1 Like

Thank you so much…i’ll give it a look and i hope sourcecode is open so maybe can make some adjustment

30 plots a day is impressive - well done. I would be interested to learn more. I am running on ubuntu as it “should” be 20% faster than Windows but my newly recommissioned exGaming rig is not doing more than 2 plots per day.

Thank you, time in chia is a really important key. I wish i could have time to try ubuntu out. What rig do u have?

Modest rig…
I just checked progress… after 7.5 hours and just 22% on plot1 - 15% on plot2 that started 25 minutes after plot1 with RAM upgraded to 5g as a test… need to find out why this is so slow.
22 Plots so far and a long way from vacation ;-(

Chia Version: 1.1.5
CPU: Intel Core™ i7-4820K CPU @ 3.7GHz - 1 Physical Processor: 4 Cores: 8 Threads
CORSAIR 4095 GB / 1333Mhz (*4 - BUT sees only 3 for 12GB)
ASUS P9X79 LE Mother board with 6 SATA ports
128GB SAMSUNG SSD 850 PRO EXT4 - BOOT - SATA
1TB SAMSUNG SSD 870 QVO EXT4 - PLOT1 - SATA
500GB CRUCIAL MX500 SSD EXT4 - PLOT2 - SATA
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA ST2000DM001 HD - xFAT - FARM1 - SATA
6TB TOSHIBA HDWR160 HD - xFAT - FARM2 - USB3