NoSSD Chia Pool update! GPU mining, 50.3GiB plots, >200% reward, new CPU & GPU plotters

There is 1000 pcs of 18 TB Seagate and 600+ of 8 TB Seagate.
There is in 3 farms. clasic farm with 1 node farmer + harversters and gigahorse C8 farms.

Here are a few :

For the farm size, are you counting space in actual plot size or relative C0 plot size ? eg. for C15 and RTX4090, is it 3.1PiB of 50.3GIB plots or 3.1PiB of C0 plots ? If my question is not clear, let me know, Iā€™ll try to clarify.

Are old plot formats still compatible with the pool or will they become deprecated?

Can you clarify the requirements (RAM, vram, temp space) for both plotting and farming?

Can you give more comparison data points with BB/MM ?

Is there any open sourcing in the works for legacy versions at some point?

Have you been using this new version in private beta?

Do you anticipate the Chia team to take aggressive measures against you such as raising k size or faster filter halving deployment?

Can you say if this comes from having more plots per drive (lower w/tib) or more efficient decompression (lower load on GPU) or both ?

1 Like

3.1PiB storage (hdd) space, 6.2PiB effective space

compatible

we have detailed info on the help page

compute capability 3.5 or higher is required

1 Like

Ok Anthony, hat tip. These results are impressive. Attention has been had here. Running testing on this today.

5 Likes

i have a question. why solo farming isnt possible with your tech?

i think that and that is the only thing stops you from dominating on the market sooo ā€¦ why not?

The main thing that stops them dominating is its closed source, they are completely anonymous, and therefore untrusted, certainly not something I would let loose on my server/network.

On an isolated machine, separate to my main network, yes, I would use it.

4 Likes

yeah dont get me wrong but:

• GH is closed source too, and yet it allows me selfpooling and i finally get on back and won two blocks per month as before
  • BB official open source buggy as hell crap. i support chia, really im a fan, but since 1.5.2 this is totally nuts. i wish them all the best and back in action as soon as possible but currently this is not solid at all. nonsuable stuff. meeh.
  • NoSSD, no selfpooling, for me this is the end.

cheers farmers :lizard: :cactus:

2 Likes

if you take a look at their product you will see that the plots are designed for central pooling only. They are not .plot format, the do not require your keys/farmer public key etc., (only an address for rewards). It appears to be a complete rework of the farm/pool system to maximize efficiency.

3 Likes

yeah ok. but it literaly means i depend on their pool. ehh not my way

1 Like

Yes, I agree, but Max has history, previous code that can be seen on Github, but NoSSD, nothing, all mysterious, just a website and couple of names on here. Its like they want to remain hidden and anonymous, and that makes me wonder why.

4 Likes

no its not that man, max gave me a fishing rod to fish all over the ocean, while those guys are telling me to fish in their lakes exclusively.

like @derryvpeek said that is another kind of an offer.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t botherā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Does your GPU plotter work with the A4000? I tried it on a Windows 11 machine and it said no supported GPU found.

From what Max said on his discord, itā€™s not, but it was a possibility.

The fish in their lake are 201% bigger than all the other fish. Pardon me while grab a pole. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Itā€™s supported, maybe some os/driver issue or you run it in a virtual machine. Can you show the full log?

can you add in remote compute.

So I can run one nossd and all my nossds send the compute to the one machine w/ a gpu/

thank

We have plans to do it, but it can take some time.

1 Like

While youā€™re considering new features, how about checking free space on all drives added at startup so if enough free space becomes available another plot will be created. This would be handy as we replot and remove older plots to free space. There would be no need to restart the client then.

Q1: Does this require local databse? Or is it running on your side?

Q2: Anyone running or tested an RTX 3060 with c15? It seems quite efficient though if a 1080 Ti can do 0.5PiB (1PiB effective).

Q3: For plotting, can we make use of 128GB RAM, or you need 256GB?

I think iā€™ll definitely be changing over ASAP. I donā€™t pay for electricity right now (single plug point only), so gotta take advantage while it lasts !