Not sync for1.2.9 even after delete DB and resync

Good job everyone’s not as lucky as me I guess or you’d have had no customers.
I dunno what to say, but if it’s not broke don’t fix it is my motto.

Gotcha! Hope it stays fixed lol.

1 Like

Not entirely on topic but related I jst upgraded to 1.2.9 I went to change an exception in my antivirus for start_full_node.exe as it sometimes gets flagged as a trojan, but the path C:\program data{your username}\chia-blockchain\app-1.2.8 is still there it has not become \app-1.2.9?

I guess they don’t need to keep incrementing the number here.

I have seen this before, sometime, not always, but still sometimes, if you stop the Farmer and reboot the computer, then start it back up it might continue.

Infecting me with knowledge… not sure how I’m blaming you but there we go. pc keeps crashing lol.
After bios update, some drivers, tinkering with power mgmt that I’d completely forgotten about on clean install, I’m hoping I’m good again.

Mine are on 1 2.9 but I’m on a fresh install so to be expected.

Normally I get a popup on each new version install.

Can’t you manually add them and delete the old ones?

I’ve found all sorts of things can break it, and Chia seems more susceptible than the other forks for some reason.

I’ve found the config.yaml can get corrupted, even just a space in the wrong place can bring things to a halt - close the farmer, rename it and see if it starts OK.

Database corruption, as above but rename the folders.

Something else, on rare occasions I’ve had to uninstall and completely delete (simply uninstalling doesn’t remove them) the relevant folders, on Windows enter %appdata% in the file explorer address bar. You’ll find folders in the appdata\roaming and appdata\local and the folder in the users folder ( %homepath% ), actually here’s my previous notes.

If you need to uninstall completely:

use chia keys delete_all  (not always required)
then uninstall from Add & Remove programs
Then delete I think three different directories, 
		the .chia in the user folder, 
		C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Chia Blockchain
		C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\chia-blockchain

When you copy first close chia from copied machine.
Join pool - https://hashevo.com/