Optimizing farming?

I have the fortune of using Proxmox for the 4 years, so here is an easy one that goes a long way to proving what you are saying.

Screenshots of your Datacenter > Summary, Cluster and Storage, and PVE1-X screens.

Why Proxmox for K8’s? It is an odd choice since LXC is the native container. Why not Rancher or Portainer?

2 Likes

Isn’t the filter just checking the plot for 1 certain / set of attributes?

If so I fail to see how more harvesters could help so long as your machine is capable of checking them and responding within the required time.

Please explain how or why a harvester could, by itself, “push through” anything. The harvester is responding to what is sent to it, not the other way around.

1 Like

Well, you’re definitely on solid ground then - go for it!

2 Likes

Did you even read correctly his reply ?

… taking a screenshot takes 1 second uploading another second

Your concept is valid, about desiring fastest response, and esp. when a proof is found…and the idea of some concentrate to respond to of all file attributes is something many have been desiring, esp. on a super large whale farm. But I don’t get how it helps a smaller farm, few 1000 plots. Unless we are speaking of really slow old hw or a pi or something on the harvester, and so needs all the help possible due to lackadaisical response times.

For example, here is my not terribly powerful PC responding to challenges, I get dozens a minute across disks in the farm. Notice that CPU % is minimal and you can see the little spikes on disk access. (plus it’s always doing a bunch of background non-chia internet related user activities for me) Pretty nearly instantaneous response, I’d say. Now, I’ve not been around to capture a “found plot” lookup, so don’t know how intensive that is, but can it be so much more? And if it is, there’s lots of system resource left.

As you mention, in memory response to everything would be faster, but I don’t see the benefit of even faster response when we’re talking milliseconds … and 30 seconds is the time allowed?

Anyway, faster is always better as far as I’m concerned :grinning:, whether it truly matters or not, so can you give a term for this tech that is searchable for me to investegate? Thanks.

Points are based on submissions so there is already a 50% chance that you get more than average. That being said its normal for flexfarmer to submit more than average and I can only guess why (that guess being that regular chia farmers are missing things on average which means your luck is better than 100%).

A lot of us wonder if its a bug but it also matches with the fact that the pool is luckier than 100% on average. I love how this matches perfectly with the title of this thread, optimizing farming.

Is it just me? I find it super difficult to read and understand.
Could you simply write detailed step-by-step guide so we can mimic your superior result. Much appreciated @drjones

In term of format, I suggest similar guide as per Chia Github wiki such as https://github.com/Chia-Network/chia-blockchain/wiki/Farming-on-many-machines

I believe there are several people want to follow you and see the result

2 Likes

OMG, just block the guy. He is a waste of time.

1 Like

I open my mind and open to possibility.
Given a good guide and if there is no security concern, I will follow and try it out.

I mean you mentioned K8’s early on in your posts so I assumed you are using that but yeah post up the screens.

I will be willing to try to replicate it as I have a cluster of Proxmox machines, but I just want to check you have these screens first to ensure you are actually doing this. No offense, but you do have a writing style that leads me to believe you might also be a little cray cray. Nothing wrong with that, but time is precious.

I personally do not agree with us beeing l33t because we use proxmox either just FTR. Honestly proxmox can be a major PITA when you scale clusters of servers and need to change anything. It is getting better and better with each release.

What you are saying is the consensus has a flaw, and if that can be proven it should be.

1 Like

Somebody is an obnoxious, narcissistic, fact avoiding, truth destroying Troll who is in great need of further attention.

Please stop feeding him.

1 Like

I sorted my plots by size and found that 100M is available to “optimise farming”
Biggest 108.83 vs 108.74 smallest. This means that you can cheat by 0.1% by deleting the big ones and filling the space with small plots.
This means that by doing this you gain 0.05 % over a non-cheater. I claim the prize!

3 Likes

Well there is a hard line in the sand here and screenshots of those things are super simple to provide and risk 0 security. He has not stepped up. At this point he has destroyed any further credibility to claim anything without those screens.

2 Likes

Exactly takes a second to take a screenshot and less than a minute to upload/post…

1 Like

I see no screenshots which prove your story :laughing:

I regret opening this can of worms.

And yeah, he has time to take pics of his equipment and upload them, but complains (in long meandering posts I might add) about not having time for a simple screenshot. Riiiigggghhhttttt…

Can I lock my own topic so we stop feeding the troll?

1 Like

Flagged as Spam … do not download unknown zips.

1 Like

Mental illness?? Crazy??

1 Like

Raving lunatic. You should show us a picture of your tin foil hat!

Hey mods, can’t we lock this thread? Or are you worried he’ll find another street corner?

1 Like