Pinging google.com

Your wired numbers are dated. Many of us have similar to this, like at my house (it’s a little slow today) >

up-dn speed test-sm

And so are your wireless numbers. My farm, not WiFi 6. I could upgrade, but doubt it would improve much >

best chia node response 9-24-22

If you’re relying on the very slow speeds you mention, I would strongly suggest you look for an alternative to upgrade to. Anyway, I continue to farm & earn Chia quite normally over a wireless network. Also seriously doubt any Chia (or any type) wireless thieves are nearby me, so I have little risk to that type of exploit.

2 Likes

Just cause the speeds arnt as fast as yours doesn’t change the fact wired is far superior. For many reasons

Thank you. I figure it better to just copy other words sense u all hate mine.

Everyone’s making points about the dated article I copied. Instead of recognizing the problem.

This is a prime example of this forums wanting u to fail as a farmer.

Ah… jr …I kinda showed that, yes? Like clearly illustrated to you (my) wired was x3 to x4 faster than (my) wireless. But it matters not a wit. Sure technically one is better than the other. However, for purposes of Chia, it is absolutely immaterial. In your case, however, it just might, but still.

So your point is (was) …???

1 Like

No one is bringing up the fact that the article is dated. Actually, it was written in 2021. On the other hand, the fact the article is using archaic technologies to make the point makes the article worthless.

The reason to provide source has nothing to do with you. That article spreads FUD to get people to buy their stuff, so again worthless as far as providing reliable data.

What kinds of speeds do you see out of your Powerline adapters? Was thinking about picking up a few of these.

I have AV 1200+ units (technically rated at 1.2Gbps). Real world speeds (actual throughput in bulk file transfers) generally as a rule of thumb on all PowerLine adpaters I’ve ever used is about 25-33% of rated speed.

My 1200+ units give me about 300-375 Mbps when copying from an SSD over network to another SSD.

I don’t need or use them for this, it’s just a test (I have dedicated wired gigabit networks for any bulk transfers). But it gives an idea of performance. For general network connectivity, it’s way more than adequate.

1 Like

Think there’s any reason to get a pair of the 2gig ones?

Have they solved the issue of needing both outlets on the same phase of the service panel?

Don’t know the answer to that one, that was one thing to deal with, but the issue I had with this type adapter was that it would regularly throw a breaker. Must have been some leakage, maybe no longer an issue … but it was a royal u-kn-what, so they are in my over&done with box.

No, no device can jump phases and send signals from one phase to another.