Plotting and farming in the cloud

I’m sorry but I have to say that it’s not my math that’s bad, but you didn’t understand what I wanted to say. Which, of course, is partly my fault.

What I have described was intended to demonstrate that in 1 month - albeit very fuzzy and subtracting many factors from the calculation - one who chooses a more aggressive expansion rather than “slow” construction will be favored.

A fundamental mistake in what you calculate is that you average the annual sales you calculate and compare that to the one-year rent. I never said that my strategy is continuous hiring. it is natural that in the long run the device “purchase” is a better solution but

• the mining diff and all revenues “change” along an exponential curve, that is, who “weights forward” - I mean: fast large storage space and can do a lot of space, gaining a significant advantage over “slow” builders.
  • that is, if in 1-2 months you are able to fill the amount I have described with the rented equipment from the incoming income of 2 months, you will be able to buy more storage space than the one who chose the “slow” building model.
  • Because it has more storage space, it earns more in the long run and after two months you can get out of the investment without any loss. Even if you let go of the storage area to farm.

When 1 full node “990 TB” 1 month income: 4820 usd, 3 months: 7510 usd, 6 months: 10 630 usd, annual: 17020 usd.
There you can easily see that you need to generate a large amount of plots as soon as possible and then move from the “revenue” accumulated in the expansion phase to the slower construction phase, where you can expand your revenue nicely step by step with the network expansion .

Even for one month it does not work. your 960TB would hold approx 9000 K32s. If you lay them at an astounding 100 plots/day it would take three months to fill it. If you paid only $2/plot you would still have to shell out another $18,000. Even if you could fill all 960TB in one month, at $2/plot your 1st month expenses are around $50,000.

You said, “A fundamental mistake in what you calculate is that you average the annual sales you calculate and compare that to the one-year rent. I never said that my strategy is continuous hiring. it is natural that in the long run the device “purchase” is a better solution”

You have never described anything but rental. This thread is about cloud storage and you have been trying to pitch cloud storage as being profitable for Chia farming. Renting storage space has been your entire prop. Now that the numbers don’t work, you admit that purchase is a better solution and say you really meant to buy hard storage at some point. Poppycock. How do you get your plots out of the cloud and onto your newly purchased drives? How much is this going to cost? How long does it take? Most importantly, why did you not just buy the drives in the first place and avoid all of the extra expenses?

You have never described how you plan to lay down your plots, how fast, or how much each plot is going to cost.

Every strategy you have proposed loses huge money. You cannot plot and fill storage instantly or for free, and the cost of your storage rental wipes out any possible profit before you add the cost and time of plotting. I have not misunderstood you at all. I have showed you repeatedly that your math is just wrong.

Unless you can put out something that shows your strategy with ALL known profit and loss accounted for then you are just spouting shite.

What is really too bad is that you continue to waste both of our time badly trying to back up a stupid post that you now know to be wrong.

1 Like

What I don’t get, why advanced chia calculator shows that chia farming will be zero profitable after 22’Feb, while there 21000000 xch left to be farmed, is it correct calculation?

The Chia network storage continues to grow. If your plots do not continue to grow proportionally at least as fast as the network then your hoped for profit disappears as your tiny plotted space gets lost in the whole.
The number is not actually zero … just fractionally closer and closer to it.

I think it’s clear to everyone that an activity done in the first moment in an exponential, logarithmically changing space is the most important because you get the most out of it.

The amount you win in the first month is almost half of your total profit, so the best use of your resources in the first month is to increase the number of your plots as much as possible and not waste on getting cheap storage space in the long run.

If you don’t understand the difference between speed and productivity, it would be a shame to burden you with rows of numbers, but most of all to simulate an ever-changing space by writing a pair of numbers is clear … time is money. And I’m paid for performance, not for the knocked down letters.

So much so that the conversation started with whether cloud mining or storage is worth it or not.

I have proven that it is worth it and not that it has a place in a long-term strategy. In a strategy like yours, there is no place because you think I’m building slowly and moving forward with cheap storage space.
And I’m saying, really, the fast plot a lot, the profit-taking storage model is better and “safer.”

But I’m sorry you don’t want or can’t understand it because you only tend to interpret anything in your coordinate system that contains your own potential numbers. And it will be difficult to understand the negative numbers.

Have a nice day in the dark …

I’m sorry you robbed me of my time

U.I.:
my math is simple with both pieces of cake …
You rent as much plotter and storage space as you can from half or all of the money at your disposal - if you’re braver - you start plotting and what you’re looking for from that storage space you take home.

That is, the result is that the profits of the first 1 month will cover the fixed assets, plus you will have more storage space that you bought all that you buy by buying the storage space out of the money right away.

You’re talking about a 1-year strategy … I’m talking about a 2-month plus. The result is not comparable because you will most likely not have any income in the first 2 months … so math is good you just need to understand what is not described but there is between the lines.

Poppycock again.

Show me your numbers, not a bunch of blather.

Actually, don’t bother.

I’m done with you.

Thinking is a difficult activity that is why it is practiced by so few.

Just try not to think others into bankruptcy.

Start Investment: 30.000 USD
Start day: Mainnet launch
600 usd / 1 mo / 1 ploter rent / Ploting power: 3 Tib / day
600 usd / 1 mo / 1 stoarge / 180 Tib
300 usd / 10 TB WD elements
3000 USD / 1 ploter buy / 3 Tib / day
Max cap: 900 Tib
Calculation: chia calculator , 1mo, 3mo,6mo,1y,3y,5y and 900 Tib end not growt

Alfa group: (fast cash go to moon startegy)
Rent: 5 storage (First mo: 3.000 USD) (Rent all time)
45 ploter (First mo: 27.000 USD) (rent only 1 mo, use 7 day)
End capacity: 900 Tib
Power: 135 Tib / day
Income: Outgo: Profit:
1 mo: 619.030 USD 30.000 USD 589.030 USD
3 mo: 785.340 USD 39.000 USD 746.340 USD
6 mo: 790.050 USD 48.000 USD 742.050 USD
1y: 795.420 USD — 66.000 USD ------- 729.420 USD
3y: 816.320 USD 138.000 USD 678.320 USD
5y: 826.580 USD 210.000 USD 616.580 USD

Bravo group: (Quant best strategy)
Rent: 5 storage (First mo: 3.000 USD) (Rent 1 mo)
45 ploter (First mo: 27.000 USD) (rent only 1 mo, use 7 day)
Buy: 2 mo buy 90 x 10 TB WD elements and farming in cheap house and live in Bali
End capacity: 900 Tib
Power: 135 Tib / day
1 mo: 619.030 USD 30.000 USD 589.030 USD
3 mo: 785.340 USD 69.000 USD 716.340 USD
6 mo: 790.050 USD 69.000 USD 721.050 USD
1y: 795.420 USD ---- 69.000 USD ---- 726.420 USD + 90 x 10 TB WB elements
3y: 816.320 USD 69.000 USD 747.320 USD
5y: 826.580 USD 69.000 USD 757.580 USD

Omega group: (you)
Buy: 1 ploter and 1 WD elements : (3.300 usd)
Power: 3 Tib / day → 3 day buy 10 TB WD elemets (300 usd / 3 day )
End capacity: : 90 x 10 Tb WD elements (900 Tib)
End time: 300 day
1 mo: 29.520 USD 9.000 USD 20.520 USD
3 mo: 51.230 USD 12.000 USD 39.230 USD
6 mo: 53.110 USD 21.000 USD 32.110 USD
1 y: 57.760 USD ---- 33.000 USD ----- 24.760 USD + 90 x 10TB WD
3 y: 78.670 USD 33.000 USD 45.670 USD
5 y: 88.920 USD 33.000 USD 55.920 USD

Conclusion: I am idiot you are a fenomenal
I am live in Bali or other beuty land / island you live in …
I have a 1 y end: ~700k USD profit , you hace a 24k profit.
Same risk , different reward.

My bankruptcy plan :smiley:

have nice day man,

One thing I am asking of you is to say I am wrong, sorry.

The point of forum discussion is to help people with real world projects.

You are not here to be helpful. You are here trying to prove your intelligence.

Condition to what? To you winning your argument … you don’t set conditions for a discussion.

We were having a discussion about whether it is (not was) profitable to farm Chia using cloud storage.

You jumped in with your claim of currently having 12x14TB for $560/month and then your wild claims about how much money you could make using cloud storage. After having your numbers thoroughly and repeatedly disputed you changed your arguments. When that failed you tried to slip in starting conditions on a past date and even then your numbers fail scrutiny in the real world.

If you had real world data

then you would have easily been able to provide details of your success, not argue multiple fantasy strategies. If you started on day three and currently had 12x14TB rented when you said you did then you should have two months of solid data to prove your claims.

Your useless imagination about what you think you could have done back when with your imaginary money and free instant plotting is of no help to anybody. We don’t care how smart you are if you are not here to help.

OK let’s remember we are here to help and learn from one another, not to yell at people and call people names. I think this topic has run its course so I’m gonna close it.

3 Likes