Plotting time doubled yesterday

Hi,
I’m having trouble with plotting this past few days. Pc SPecs:

• i7 10700
  • 2Tb NVMe
  • 32GB ram
  • 240gb SO ssd

On the weekend i managed to make plots every 6hours with -b 5000 -r 3 -n 5 and 2 parallel plots.

I started a new script Monday with 4 parallel plots with the same specs (the only thing different was the -n. i put 17. the goal was 68 plots friday night) and my plots doubled the time reaching 12/13h.

Today i’m running the same specs(threads at 4 this time) with 3 parallel plots and the phases time are still almost double than the weekend.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Bigger temperature? NVME need good cooling

Are you on Ubuntu or Windows?

If Ubuntu then check if you have trim enabled (by default it’s run once a week). You can invoke the command manually: sudo /usr/sbin/fstrim --fstab --verbose --quiet Then check if it helps with your plotting speed. If yes then you can create a cron job to invoke this command more often or you can enable continuous trim in fstab.

Also check the temperature of your SSD it may be throttling when overheating. On Ubuntu you can use: sudo smartctl -A /dev/yourdrive

Hey,
I’m using Windows Powershell :frowning:
i have a Motherboard Micro-ATX Asus Prime H510M-A and it have a heatsink, but maybe it’s not enough.
I use HWMonitor and Temps seems normal, but it never really changes so i don’t if it’s all good or the software is bugged xd

I think i’m going to search for a better heatsink for it.

I have the default heatsink from Motherboard Micro-ATX Asus Prime H510M-A and i also have a S400 case. Maybe this combination doesn’t help

[UPDATE]
I figured it out. My temp drive was full :man_facepalming:
I’m no Powershell expert, but i believe this script should do the work: (Not tested)

$temp = Z:\temp
$final_dest = G:\plot
$number_Plots = 10

cd C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\chia-blockchain\app-1.1.5\resources\app.asar.unpacked\daemon\

do {
    $number_Plots--
    .\chia.exe plots create -k 32 -b 5000 -u 128 -r 4 -t $temp -d $final_dest -n 1  

sleep 5
    (Get-ChildItem Z:/temp).Delete()
} while ($number_Plots -eq 0)

For parallel plotting just add a temp folder, i.e. Z:\temp2

I know this sounds like an ad, but I think it may be worthwile for you to check out Ploto:

Hi,
Wow that looks what I’ve been looking all this time xd Chia really needed a Module of it’s own. Thank you for your reply
Will definitely take a look :slight_smile: