Plotting uptime with Windows 10

you are right. I could swear, this once was the case. But I do not find anything about it anymore.

When I first started with Chia, I knew nearly zero about how it worked. Plus, I had major problems with my new PCs, due to Gigabyte’s bad BIOS code on their B550 motherboards.

I did not know the difference between a farmer and a harvester, let-alone how to have a remote harvester feed data to the farmer on the full node.

I intend to set up my remote box as a harvester. I just need the time to attend to it and be 100% sure of the steps to get it right.

This is the main document, and you need to just follow “Setup Steps” part. It may look intimidating, but is really not. Basically, it all boils down to two steps: 1. copying the ca folder to your harvester (from your full node), and 2. modifying ‘harvester/farmer/host’ section to the IP of your farmer. That’s it, the rest are either quirks or fluff.

Also, it is not a binary switch (either / or). You can set up your harvester without any drives, and check on your full node UI / Farm / Advanced section if it sees that new harvester (it will not harvest anything yet). Once you see that working, you can switch one drive off from your shared folder and to your harvester. You can monitor Farm / Last Attempted Proof section, and within 10 secs in addition to your current line (say 5/1000 (Plots Passed Filter" column, you will see 5/1900 and 0/100 (the new harvester will show the number of plots it is harvesting. Once you see those two lines, where the second numbers are non zero, you know that your harvester is sound, so you can start switching your drives to its control.

It is just an intimidating looking / written document, nothing more.

Your lookup times will improve (local disk access), but improvement is not the same as being beneficial. I assume that your setup right now has no issues, so having faster lookups will make that new setup - well, having no issues.

2 Likes

Yea but that was last year, now your one of the top pups here!! So get that harvester working, super simple.

1 Like