PowerShell Script for migrating to Pool

Hello,

For those that will be moving their solo plot farming to pool farming once it is officially supported, we will need to replot everything. Obviously we wont be deleteing all our solo plots and then start over and plot to pools, but rather I imagine, it would go something like delete a solo plot, create a pool plot, until we have removed all solo plots and have all pool plots. We dont want to miss out on the chance we might win XCH on our solo plots while we migrate.

So with that said, aside from manually deleting one plot and creating a pool plot one by one, has anyone started to think about how we can automate the removal of one solo plot, then create a pool plot, then remove a solo plot and create a pool plot, etc one by one?

for those who have 100s and 100s of plots doing this manually will be kind of a pain, so I was wondering if anyone has given any thought to ā€œautomateā€ (to a degree anyway) this?

I am going to be doing it with Microsoft Automation Desktop. That is what I currently use to move plots to their final destination. I am going to modify it to find a plot with a creation date before a specific date/time and remove it right before writing the new file.

I will have two folders per drive. One to hold the new plots and one for the old. That way I can have Hpool farming the old plots as they disappear and have the Chia software (and official pool) farming the new plots. This way I will be farming at 100% during the transition.

1 Like

Thank you very much for that insight. I really appreciate you sharing and replying so quickly. I dont think I ever used MS Auto Desktop, will check it out today.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

My ā€œadsā€ might get boring for people. But heres a pure PowerShell based Plot manager that supports replotting and also poolable plots:

How it works (excempt from README)

Ploto now supports the ability to replot existing drives. This assumes you have one or more drives with final plots that are actively being farmed. If you now launch Ploto with ā€˜Replot: ā€œtrueā€ā€™ and your denom for your ReplotDrives (drives you want to replot), the following will happen:

1. Ploto launches a Watchdog that looks for jobs that are about to enter phase 4 and have property ā€œIsReplot=Trueā€
  2. If there is a job entering phase 4 with ā€œIsReplot=Trueā€, it deletes the oldest plot on the drive, the replotJob uses as OutDrive.

All ReplotJobs launched, will use the drives as OutDrive, that match the ReplotDriveDenom. So if you replot, make sure you set the InputAmountToSpawn to exactly the number of Plots you want to Replot. Currently Ploto does not know with which keys/singletons a Plot was plotted. So it keeps going and potentially deletes already replotted jobs, if InputAmountToSpawn is too high. This can lead to unneccesary wear & tear.

1 Like

Hereā€™s an example of how I am currently using it. I just recreated his script and modified it accordingly.

1 Like

I love this community. So many people eager to help one another ā€¦ thanks folks you are all great. Really mean that

1 Like

The best solution would be to erase the plots that have the worst score when checking, donā€™t you think?

I think the hpool client puts a write lock on all plot files in the directories thatā€™s monitored.

I found out when trying to move plots to a new disk.

Any idea how to remove the lock/close the file before deleting it?

I just built my own scripts to move plots in both powershell and bash once madmax was out. Should be simple enough to erase a plot before a certain date(start of your switchover) and move the new one and just run a total left to switch on each drive

With MM, this problem is solved: how?
At breakfast time, delete 1TB, it will be full by dinner time.
Again, at dinner time, delete another 1TB, it will be full in the morning.
Who wants to go one by one when you can go by 10!

It does and it doesnā€™t. I have experienced the same thing. But not all the time. Like just yesterday I moved some plots from one folder to another while they were being monitored by Hpool. So I was able to basically copy the file and then delete it with no issues. I think Hpool locks the files for a while. Maybe while it is verifying them. But not forever.