Reload... force reload.. reload.. force reload

There are a few good doctors here, lol! I’m just a good researcher and do not reply unless I believe I know what I’m talking about.

If Bones suggestion did not work then I am afraid deleting and re-syncing your wallet db is the best bet.

You can still plot and farm while re-syncing only your wallet db! :smiley:

Be well.

1 Like

Bonus #2 - Today received yet another reward from an OG plot. I’m on a roll!! :blush:

Cleaning up my (Chia GUI) act (as told previously - thanks farmr) seems to be paying dividends!

1 Like

Gratz.
I’m still quashing system errors/ warnings from win.
Every time I think this is the one, apply the fix, then come back to find a rebooted pc.
The joys of crypto.

Thanx. Hate to say - sw fixes don’t generally solve BSODs.
Can u give details on this problem system Bones? Specific component specs?

I9 11900k
64 gb corsair vengeance lpx 3000mhz ( running slower as xmp not enabled, 4 x 16 gb )
Z590-f gaming wifi rog
P4610 sata as c drive
2 internal hdd
4 external wd elements
6 x 5 bay usb docks assorted
Yeeliya pcie card 7200 ( usb ports )

I know I have an odd issue, as the 5 bay docks aren’t happy.
Had driver issues on my old pc, but fixed them .
On new PC, alot of my hdd show as usb device and portable device.
I’ve had to manually disable them as portables to stop conflicts.
But when I look at my ntfs folder mounts, 25 show as usb, 5 show as folders.

Latest bios installed.

And a m.2 left over from plotting, firecuda 520

It crashed maybe 3 - 4 times in months of plotting.
Since farming with all these drives its crashed maybe 5 - 6 times in 30 hrs.

To simplify troubleshooting > Why do you need UBS hubs/AICs at all? I have connected 8 USB WDs natively to my MB +4 more to USB 3 AIC card, and also one USB 3 x4 hub to a USB C port w/4 more WDs connected as USB 3. That’s not even counting USB KB & wireless USB transceiver.

You must have at least x4 native USB ports, yes? Other ? > Corsair memory part#?

To wit, I had an add’l USB 3 AIC for a short time. Kept losing connections, drives no showing randomly. Removed and, at least, that solved a problem.

I thought in my naivity usb would be easier.
I’m planning to move the drives inside a box, or 2 and sell the docks, they’ve risen in price so hopefully I’ll recoup what I paid.
The ram was from same supplier bought in pairs but very close together.

I dont think 4 ports would work with 36 drives, and I’ve only stopped plotting till I fix my issues, plan to have a cpl pb minimum, thought usb would scale.

But I’ve already moved from my old ltc mining pc’s to my plotter as they just didn’t cut it.

I’ve only been tinkering with this setup since Sat morning, I’ll get it stable. Each crash I find the latest error/ warning and fix it, will just take some time.

I spoke to a company about jbods, but they were crap, didn’t want to supply me in the end as shucked new drives are cheaper than their reconditioned ones they wanted to sell me.

I’ve honestly nvr had issues with any of my other 4 pc’s like I have with this new build, but its a learning curve, I dont recall ever using event viewer before chia, mining lots of other coins never caused me these issues or crashes.

Since moving farm to this box, my lookup times are back under control, my spendbundke warnings are only ever just over 1 sec and few and far between.
I’m on the right track.
I think much of my bad times were from hdd as c drive tbh.

lol, you said you had four usb drives, 36 is different :dizzy_face:, sounds problematic, never tried smthg like that.

You didn’t mention part#s. Are they on the MB support list? or just some .memory?

2 + 4 + ( 5 x 6) = 36

Lost in translation maybe.

Pc partpicker said it was OK, didn’t check asus site.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gHDDBc

Bsod is driver power state failure
My research tells me this is typically driver error, or something sleeping that won’t wake.

Ram is CMK32GX4M2D3000C16

As always hoping this is it, I’m trying something that’s not reccomended anywhere I’ve seen, infact, I’ve seen it adamantly stated it should not be done, but I’m testing and all my drives have disappeared from portable devices and only showing as disk drives, other than the 4 wd externals, but they always seem OK.
I’m guessing it’s the controller on the disk that keeps them in check driver wise.
Saturn retrograde is over, its time for communication to be good again :smile:

Update.
All good so far for 8 hrs, the fix was to turn of xhci hand of in bios.
I’d read that would stop usb 3 working, but my times are all still good. Hoorah.
Further reading, it just forces usb control to bios rather than os.