Selling 18TB WD Gold drives - 20 units

Why are you trying to get your brother to triple his electric bill?

I really don’t care about your opinion, so keep it for yourself.

The point is that OG plots still work as described, and that particular pool is just an aggregation of smaller farmers (nowhere I stated that you should join it).

What you have provided so far is some old whining lady anecdote that is rather useless as far as generalization, especially in the context of this forum.

4 Likes

Mind you, my best month was 14 blocks.

That’s 28 XCH in one month.

I’d say suck on that, but I’ll never ever see that again so I guess jokes on me, right?

No, I am the proof that OG uncompressed plots are worthless.

Don’t be a vatnik.

Sorry, but you have no idea, he won’t be trippling his electric bill.

A Tesla P4 uses at absolute most 75w (it won’t draw this continuously and I suspect will peak much less), he would have 2.11 times his farm size (doubling his income). This would need 7 times 22TB drives to do the same, that would be 56w increase constantly running.

When I added a 3060 to my server, I saw about a 25% increase in power use.

As for OG plots not winning, please explain why at the moment this OG pools average effort is 78%, clearly they are winning blocks.

Foxy-Pool CHIA (OG) (foxypool.io)

Its quite clear from your replies you’re annoyed at your situation, and either don’t fully understand or just plain don’t want to admit it, so yes the joke is on you.

The going got tuff, and you gave up.

Not sure WTF you’re going on about, but here’s some reality.

Your brother is going to pay, and pay dearly.

From that chart, you can see clearly when I took the most consumptive drives offline.

And I NEVER WENT COMPRESSED.

Meaning, those costs are OG costs. They’d be triple if I went compressed.

Get real, whoever you are. Chia is a losing concern.

That chart is meaningless, its your house as a whole, and in no way indicates what you’re farm is using, or is you’re power bill just for your farm and running on gas a well.

PS. I probably know far more about power consumption than you, I built my own 29 kWh of battery storage, and added an additional 4.74 kW of solar panels, giving me a total 8.74 kW, and currently planning to add another 12 to 16 panels :wink: When I measure the power use of something, I’ll use a Kilowatt meter over a period of time, and average it out, not use my electricity bill - what a joke.

You’re clearly just trolling.

1 Like

You can’t go from “Chia is the Green!” to “okay, it’ll cost as much to the environment as any other crypto” and not expect blowback.

Or is that how people think nowadays, that their failing adventures should never be criticized?

I’m not trolling, I’n angry.

And I have a right to be.

Glad you know about power. The day you have my IQ will never, ever happen.

Lost the argument, so now you’ve resorted to vague insults.

Good luck with the sale.

My judgement will always be far behind my actual raw intelligence. So I’m screwed, same as you.

I won’t sell those drives, you and I both know that.

I’d rather burn them.

You could sell those drives, you just need to advertise them in the correct place.

Would you take a car and try and sell it at a car auction for forecourt price? No, you’d never achieve the price.

Yet you clearly know a large proportion of Chia farmers have lost money, so you try and sell them drives at high prices (compared to other options available), being top of the range drives is irrelevant to us.

Years of experience often trumps IQ, perhaps its time to listen to a wise older man, although not that wise as I got in to Crypto!

1 Like

Am I some sort of naive monster for asking a fair price? Someone else can make use of these drives, I’m not trying to screw them.

We all know what we got into. Some of us want out.

Where do you live that has that electric bill?

1 Like

No you are not a naive monster, but you are completely missing the point, I’m not sure if this intentional or not.

You’re just asking too much for the audience here, we can buy bigger drives cheaper with a warranty, you need to sell them where people are willing to pay you’re asking price, its perfectly possible to get what you want, just not here.

Don’t take my word for it.

1 Like

I can drive to this place :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Quite a drive though isn’t it?