Syncing problems after update to 1.1.4

Hello!

i have started chia plotting and farming 2 weeks ago and it all went very smooth… no problems. now after update to 1.1.4 i have reset my pc and installed the latest Chia software. and it just never got synced. so i came across that port 8444 forwarding issue and i have done it from my router settings (although why would it be necessary since it worked perfectly for like 2 weeks??). now it does sync but i have noticed i only connect to 9 peers (nodes) and i have no Mib Up data … only mib down… is this normal?? thanks

PS; i dont know why i covered the address and ip but i saw a lot of people doing it so… :slight_smile:

late edit: Also i have 289 plots and none of them passes that “plots passed filter” i have continuously watched it for like 1,5 hours… that should not be ok…

The main bit of advice is to be absolutely sure port 8444 is forwarded to your main farmer machine. As long as you’ve done that and confirmed it on that machine via a web browser and https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ tool you are good.

Could be the network is just slow right now…

1 Like

if the port was not accesible then i would have 0 nodes… now i do have 8-9 nodes but not 30-50 like before… that has nothing to do with port forwarding i believe…

Hi. I have the same issue. I did not touch port configuration. It does not sync. I have been online for 2 days and it does not sync. How much bandwith does a node need?

Your farmer connects to other farmers and receives connections from farmers. If the port forwarding isn’t working then the only connections established are the ones where your farmer initiates the connection (port forwarding isn’t needed for this). In this case you will typically have about 10 connections. It can take a while to get to these 10 connections as it tries a new connection every 30 seconds (default setting) and many of these attempts will be rejected because the receiving peer has already reached its max number of connections. I believe it stops at 10 because this is controlled by the target_outbound_peer_count in the config file which is defaulted to 10.

Hi! Same here, my 8444 port is opened and I have constant 40-50 connections, I’ve tried to delete wallet db, tried to re-sync network db, WiFi/LAN connection - nothing helps. I’m constantly “Not synced” for the last 4 days. I can get “Synced” for a few hours and later “Not synced” for few more hours. It’s crazy…