The ChiaForum.com Pool!

Hello, I Have 54 Land and No XCH Reward Now I Understand That We Absolutely Need A Pool: / I’m impatiently waiting for the pool

[image]

1 Like

The Chia Pet-a-byte Pool?

I’ll be here all week. Try the veal!

2 Likes

I updated the initial post in this thread to include a signup form now! Please try and fill that in when you can so we can get the list to start growing of future members.

Link here too:

5 Likes

Cool!
BTW, it seems there are 2 boxes for the email address in this Signup Form.
I don’t know what is the idea but, I think 1 should be enough.

1 Like

Dang, you are right. I think because I added a form field for email, and then also told google to collect emails. Will remove the form field!

2 Likes

I have a question regarding <5% fee to be a member of the pool. Is that fee going to be charged regularly for each portion of the reward that participant receive while in the pool? So that would be 7/8 - 5% to the pool and 1/8 - 5% to the farmer?

1 Like

I honestly have no idea what mechanisms would even be available for such a thing, I was just looking to gather data along those lines to see what the community felt about it. I think what you laid out makes sense, but curious if others have their own ideas for it.

Or it’s possible the official pooling mechanism excludes this concept entirely and it won’t matter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looking at submissions since last night, it looks like we’re already up to about 450TiB of plots pledged to the pool! We’ll see where we can get through the weekend on this.

2 Likes

Interested, I’m very new in mining/farming any crypto and I’m excited to be a part of this community and a greener powered crypto, I currently don’t have a working rig and are studying everything and planned to set aside a little bit of money (that I’m afford to lose) to buy an entirely new rig for plotting+farming.

Filled the form, thank you for setting this up @dchuk

3 Likes

So there is some info coming out from different YouTube streamers that pools are coming very very soon as a priority for Chia and the flagged smaller plots for pools will be able to be used into multiple pools or keeping solo. If something like this happens and more to come, probably the best is to keep up with one stable and transparent pool in order to focus on consistency and fairness when it comes to more plots and especially contributed storage. With the enormous network expansion I think we need to use every option to grow and compete. I hear good news are coming for Chia with all institutional investors looking for greener and more efficient alternative to Bitcoin. I can’t help myself noticing the correlation between both.

1 Like

Well, hopefully in a few weeks (thread):

https://twitter.com/bramcohen/status/1390407484179763202?s=19

5 Likes

oh snap… I need my final drive to start plotting pools… i said I wasn’t, but I’ll be full by then… heh. Yes, I’m rationalizing throwing in another drive. But the lack of deals likely will probably save me…

1 Like

Well, we’ve officially surpassed 1PiB of pledged plots (that’s a mouthful) for the pool!

2 Likes

this brings the pool out of small farmer status? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

This morning I saw the news about AWB offering to Chinese clients 5 min setup for farming and I tried to find the pricing but there is no site showing it on Amazon cloud or the Chinese site. That’s interesting but anyway the price is too high and probably fits only industrial sites.

1 Like

I’m in. 100 TiB no problem, will continue to grow it once I’ve got my plotters squared away!

2 Likes

i will join and give 100 tb but i want make sure its 100 % not cheated one

1 Like

If anyone is interested Chia Decentral is looking for everyone’s opinion for the upcoming pools: https://www.reddit.com/r/chia/comments/n7w83k/chia_decentral_pool_survey/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

1 Like