The ChiaForum.com Pool!

Yes. Pools don’t mean your solo plots become ineligible.

3 Likes

Sounds good, I can add about 50tb too.

2 Likes

I’m in for about 65tib. I can’t see trying to keep solo plots on that scale, or part of that scale with the growth of the network.

2 Likes

I’m in also for that reason and I prefer to start the new plots for the pool with some left space in the beginning around 50TB. I can’t keep up solo with thousands in hard discs every few days. Joining the pool is going to be beneficial for all of us.

1 Like

Very much interested…

2 Likes

I intend to start with 16 TB and gradually increase storage capacity with time. I would pledge all available storage to a reliable pool. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

So, what’s the name of the pool? And is this site officially tied to Chia? I thought it wasn’t?

I am finally listening to the transaction launch zoom and the discussion of naming came up. This site would fall under… not valid?

1 Like

I’ll chat with the project team on those naming details. You’re correct, this isn’t an official/Chia-owned forum.

1 Like

Yeah, from the zoom call, they’ll shoot down any pool with the name “chia” in it for trademark infringement.

1 Like

I am plotting more 10TB in the following days. Should I wait until pool launch? The plot I have doesnt work for the pool, right?

1 Like

Every pool needs to start with fresh plots. It’s up to you but it’s getting hard to keep up solo with the storage prices and availability plus the enormous size of the network. As per me the answer will be joining a pool and combining our recourses as per everyone’s contribution. I hope the pools are coming soon cause in Asia they’re killing it with that federated gigantic plotting and farming.

1 Like

Yep. Sounds the same for me. The variable not controlled yet is the timing to create the ChiaForum pool. That would be great if we have any idea about that, days, weeks, months,

If we could just get the info for plotting pool useable plots now i would be happy…

@dchuk let me know when you have some more details, maybe an idea of committed plots/Tib’s, a guess at pricing if you can. no of members etc. I would like to do an article for the blog comparing pools that we know of so far.
cheers jonboy.

1 Like

I thought it was more names starting with chia? “The forums for chia” would be valid(though, maybe too generic that it sounds official).

1 Like

I believe they did not want pools that started with Chia.

1 Like

I think it’s if you start with the word “chia” in the name.

Chuchuchuchia Pool? lol

3 Likes

In the chia live stream yesterday they made it sound like there would be a S/W release in the next few days that would allow one to make pool compatible plots. The full pool implementation (allowing one to form/run a pool) is further out but it sounded like pool ready plotting is only a few days away.

1 Like

I’ll sort through the questions in this thread tonight and get a locked thread going for the actual q&a and will share that with Bram and Gene

1 Like

@dchuk sent you some ideas. Check your inbox. Cheers!

2 Likes

I’m in!! This is my first go-round with any crypto so it’d be super helpful for a step-by-step guide for setting up. I could easily dedicate 50TB to a pool!

3 Likes