The Journey to One Petabyte

Probably not much! Obviously, I’m disappointed with the market right now but so is everybody else, and I’ve never made any money doing exactly what everybody else is doing. I was very conservative during the “gold rush” back in May and took that time to learn and study the code and see how things turn out. As a developer, I’m impressed with the project and the goals and the progress. I’m learning a huge amount of knowledge about hardware when most of my career has all been software, so my skillset is improving. I truly believe the future of the cloud is decentralized data-centers-in-a-box running in millions of garages instead of at AWS or Azure. This is a huge head-start on that future. Worse case, I’m trading fiat cash for refurbished/auctioned hardware at pennies on the dollar in the hopes that it retains its value as inflation continues to nibble away at that cash. And since I’m self-employed, I either need to spend my earnings on company equipment or the government will spend my money for me at tax time. :laughing:

If Chia moons, that’s a bonus!!

You might check out this thread where @xkredr59 has already done this testing - very interesting!

1 Like