Too much wire. Any good solution?

8 Bay Hard Drive Rack Holder Cage Case Caddy Test Bench W/ Fan | Etsy

Does it have vibration dampening?
Could be drive killer’s if not.

No different than mounting in a PC case.

I use more screws and rubber dampener.
That looks like it’s held with 2 screws at bottom only.

Could put some rubber under the drive, will find out when they get here.

1 Like

Rubber or not, this is useless. One screw is not enough. Drives should not be free, will vibrate and must be fixed.

There are screw holes on both sides.

I believe, the 7000d airflow will hold 20 drives if your inventive with where they all go.
But not cheap as you need the case then the extra kits for the racks.

I’ve one sat at home, I’ve just not moved everything over as yet.

Oops no, it’s the define 7 xl I have, not the 7000d.

I have this. Bought at eBay. I have used it for two months and just disassembled it. It is quite stable holding hard drives. I had different brands different physical size hard drives in there. Used no screw. I disassembled it for the same reason of this post – it is messy. Eight clip on style USB adapter, eight power cable. All eight go to a powered USB hub. And I put a small fan near the whole assembly to cool it down.

ra

Guy selling this hard drive tray also makes tray for external USB HDD. Namely, this one is for Seagate expansion old model. I have this one and tray for the newer expansion model. The trays are 3d printed, holding HDD very well.

Thanks bro. I think I do very much need to spend some good money on cases. I have been using my old computer parts as much as possible and reluctantly spending on new case because I am cheap AF.

1 Like