Troubleshooting failure to farm with lots of plots, due to harvester 30s timeout

I’ve no exp with nas, but alot of ppl had speed issues.

Are your plots split into folders?
I know that was advised to improve speed.

Have you considered joining a pool as that should test your response times.

Or just look in your log files and manually check your response times.

You can I believe run nas as a harvester, dependant on the nas and its capabilities.

I would actually love to set it up with each NAS as a separate harvester as that seems like it would be the most efficient way to run the node anyway. Someone posted a video that looked like it might have promise… but was obviously meant for people with experience since he started with a separate window open ready for coding for both the farmer and the harvester… I can open powershell in my farmer, but I don’t know how I would get to such a point in my qnaps. Thus I can’t even try to follow that video on how to get it set up.
I will add this sure seems like something that the GUI could provide. want to set up a harvester click here, choose your storage device and boom - it’s a harvester. Such an interface along with something that tells you your checking times seems like a no brainer. Though I haven’t downloaded that newest update from late August because I didn’t’ want to interrupt my plotting.

There’s also some programs like farmr and chia dog that will monitor your logs for late responses.

I’ve not used these though so can’t offer up much help.

Hopefully a fellow nas user can help you out.

Money! (20 chraracters)