Upgrade from Chia Windows 1.1.7 to current version (1.3.4)

Can I upgrade directly from 1.1.7 to 1.3.4 is there some documentation on upgrades?

Just install it and the you have to do the .\chia db upgrade which will take some time depending on your hardware. Remember to also do backups first (without chia running)

1 Like

Are there any docs on running the upgrade? Googling not finding anything yet

Search for upgrade here:

But basically after you install the new version, get into command prompt go to the chia folder (user\AppData\Local\chia-blockchain\app-1.1.3\resources\app.asar.unpacked\daemon) and type chia db upgrade

2 Likes

Also I would recommend after that stop your farm and delete wallet db files, do they can sync from scratch. There were syncing issues reported and “missing chia” (I had this issue myself). Re-syncing wallet fixes the issue (and v2 wallet is very small in size, a lot faster to sync)

I’m pretty sure after you run the db upgrade script you need to go in an manually edit your yaml file to point to the new v2 db files. If you don’t do that, it will continue to use the v1 files.

I ran the upgrade on mine then made the yaml changes. Then after running chia for a couple days and verified that only the v2 files were being accessed and updated, I deleted the v1 versions.

On .3.3 it did it automatically for me.
After its finished the conversion it should say in the same window updating .yaml or something along those lines.

Cool, must be an addition to one of the later versions. I had to do it myself. Good to know.

1 Like