Wallet crashing with ssl "key values mismatch" constantly in logs. keys still match harvesters

I’m in sync, but my wallet is crashing, it appears.

If I search the blockchain I see that I’ve won additional coins, but my wallet stopped updating inside the chia environment when I chia wallet show.

Three times a second I see this in my logs:

2021-10-11T16:44:03.609 wallet chia.wallet.wallet_node    : ERROR    Exception in create outbound connections: [X509: KEY_VALUES_MISMATCH] key values mismatch (_ssl.c:3845)
2021-10-11T16:44:03.609 wallet chia.wallet.wallet_node    : ERROR    Traceback: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/root/chia-blockchain/chia/server/node_discovery.py", line 238, in start_client_async
    is_feeler=is_feeler,
  File "/root/chia-blockchain/chia/server/server.py", line 372, in start_client
    self.chia_ca_crt_path, self.chia_ca_key_path, self.p2p_crt_path, self.p2p_key_path
  File "/root/chia-blockchain/chia/server/server.py", line 77, in ssl_context_for_client
    ssl_context.load_cert_chain(certfile=str(private_cert_path), keyfile=str(private_key_path))
ssl.SSLError: [X509: KEY_VALUES_MISMATCH] key values mismatch (_ssl.c:3845)

2021-10-11T16:44:03.961 wallet chia.wallet.wallet_node    : ERROR    Exception in create outbound connections: [X509: KEY_VALUES_MISMATCH] key values mismatch (_ssl.c:3845)
2021-10-11T16:44:03.961 wallet chia.wallet.wallet_node    : ERROR    Traceback: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/root/chia-blockchain/chia/server/node_discovery.py", line 238, in start_client_async
    is_feeler=is_feeler,
  File "/root/chia-blockchain/chia/server/server.py", line 372, in start_client
    self.chia_ca_crt_path, self.chia_ca_key_path, self.p2p_crt_path, self.p2p_key_path
  File "/root/chia-blockchain/chia/server/server.py", line 77, in ssl_context_for_client
    ssl_context.load_cert_chain(certfile=str(private_cert_path), keyfile=str(private_key_path))
ssl.SSLError: [X509: KEY_VALUES_MISMATCH] key values mismatch (_ssl.c:3845)

Searching google for the word “chia” along with the phrase “key values mismatch” returns no results about the chia blockchain.

I could use some help finding the origin of the error.

Thanks.

-Brian

I could not find this error specific to Chia, but did find a python explanation.

“You get this error if the private key you’ve specified does not match the public key in the certificate you are trying to use. Please check that the private key you use matches the public key in the certificate. This can be done be comparing the output of the following commands which should be the same:”

In Chia terms, this sounds to me as if your wallet public and private keys are not matching for the handshake when trying to load the chain.

I have no idea what would cause this, but my best suggestion would be to delete (back-up if you wish) your wallet db and re-sync it. Make sure you have upgraded to Chia Latest Version: 1.2.9 first.

If you are still having the error after re-starting with a clean wallet db then I would go to the Keybase Chia Team Support channel and post your error there as I can locate no answered (the question has been asked and not answered at Chia github repeatedly) information on that specific ERROR.

Using Keybase is a pain, but the the Chia support usually gives you an answer fairly quickly.

1 Like

I deleted the contents of .chia/mainnet/wallet, and now wallet shows 0. The error persists inn my logs as well.

Hopefully someone in keybase will know what is going on.

What are your results of running, chia keys verify and chia wallet show?

I had this error before updating to the latest release.
Well a ssl key mismatch error of some type.

Are you running 1.2.9 ? if not, I’d install it.

1 Like

Yes, I upgraded to latest a few days ago.

Thanks for the reply.

That’s totally normal till it resyncs , I’ve had to delete everything a few times over the last cpl of days.

I’d day your best bet, but its a pita is this.
( when I say best bet, I only mean it should fix it , not that there’s not a quicker solution )

If you keep your big blockchain database shouldn’t take long.
A pita, but it should work.

Could keybase not help?
My solution is kinda a last resort.