Western Digital easystore 14TB External USB, new, $199.99

18 TB best price that i find https://www.reddit.com/r/chia/comments/qvkvyr/any_good_black_friday_deals_on_hard_drives_in_the/

Are you all using any price monitoring tools/sites to find drives? I know there’s a few out there (like shucks.top for example).

I ask because I might be interested in building out a simple one to host here on the forum over the holidays. Haven’t built a scraping project in a while…

If there’s interest, I’ll start a standalone thread to discuss further, just let me know.

2 Likes

https://diskprices.com

Oh this is pretty great!

It seems to only pull from Amazon. Ideally, was thinking something that also scans best buy/costco/walmart/[office supply stores]/newegg/etc would be good. Obviously more work to maintain.

These filters are wonderful on this.

1 Like

I have never seen anything worthwhile at Costco, Walmart, nor NewEgg.

Costco and Walmart simply never have high capacity drives, so I stopped wasting time checking those two sites. Perhaps they get something in, once in a blue moon. But I will not be checking for what will probably not show up.

NewEgg does have high capacity drives. But I have never seen any at a reasonable price.
So I stopped checking NewEgg, too.

I have also checked every Western Digital reseller, and every Seagate reseller (meaning, all of the “no one has heard of them”, resellers – a listing you can get from WD and Seatage’s web site).

None of the unknown resellers have good pricing. Frankly, considering their lack of presence, and their lack of competitive pricing, I do not understand who their customers are?

I stick to Amazon, B&H Photo Video, Micro Center, Best Buy, and Central Computer (which offers only a few high capacity drives – I might stop checking them after Black Friday).

2 Likes

I read months ago that only 30% of HDDs go to the retail market. This probably explains some of the unknown resellers and influences other HDD retail pricing factors.

Appreciate the reply!

Seems like something that scraped all of those sites regularly, and then had alerts you could configure (tell me when $/tb < $1X.XX && minimum_drive_size > XTB) would be of value?

2 Likes

I have seen B&H present a “prove you are not a robot” challenge.

If you can make an international version, that would be awesome. Here are a few more links/examples for other type of hardware trackers that I use :

This deal has returned.

Yes it has, though they’re currently out of shippable ones now (at least for my zip code). Store pickup only atm.

Amazon is now doing the same thing, 14tb for $199.99. But limit 2 per customer and only for black friday