What Does The World Bank Actually Do?

That is the problem.

It is the opinion of myself and many others that the World Bank is NOT an institution aimed at reducing poverty as it claims to be.

The World Bank is technically owned by member countries of whom the US is the largest and is NOT a charity. As per usual in the completely privately owned International Federal Reserve Banking cartel, the World Banks’s board is staffed by Federal Reserve associated bankers.

Many if not most of it’s loans are detrimental to the people of the country loaned to and result in the country losing land and resources to foreign corporations. Sometimes their policies result in worse …

If you watch the videos I first linked you can judge for yourself.

If you don’t care, that’s your business, but if you do, the facts and reality of the World Bank are easily found.

I don’t particularly care what the World Bank does, just as I don’t care how many drug dealers and human traffickers are shifting their money through crypto in general. There is nothing moral about institutional traders either, yet everyone gets giddy when they end up pumping their favorite shitcoin like they’ve just discovered the secret to free lambos for everyone. Crypto was never about moral purity, on the contrary, it ends up supporting a lot of people that… erm… struggle to bank through traditional institutions.

Mainstream adoption of crypto is the end goal, and this kind of use case helps. It’s foolish to think you can bypass the biggest, most powerful system on Earth and survive. The best case scenario for Crypto is widespread adoption by the establishment, in ways that realise some of its core wins for everyone, such as instant and cheap global banking, no ownership over the network, no ability to print currency at will, etc.

We can either try to make that happen, or we’ll all end up with homebrew versions of the e-Yuan eventually.

2 Likes

You make good points and we share concern on introduction of the e-Yaun. I also fear its’ US counterpart which is now in rapid development.

I wonder how much information from the Chia/World Bank partnership will be used for development of the US digital coin?

Fair enough.

So does armed conflict and funding from the US, Yuan funding of foreign infrastructure, and many other factors.

Chia is so far removed from all this that I don’t understand why we are talking about this here. Chia will do is coordinate carbon credits efforts through a decentralized ledger not controlled by any political entity - which is exactly what we need.

I just think it’s irrelevant.

2 Likes

I got into crypto because it was not controlled by the banks and Chia in particular because it was greener. Both reasons were moral choices.

The Chia White Paper tells me that they are turning the 21 million pre-farm into equity. This effectively makes the pre-farm equity for the Bank of Chia. Chia becoming a partner with the World bank just confirmed my concerns.

If crypto and Chia are not moral choices for you then of course you think it is irrelevant.

Call me Don Quixote but I will still tilt at the privately owned International banking cartel of which the World Bank (and now Chia) is a minion.

1 Like

Money provided with good intent and in accordance with law is not a crime.

I’m surprised over your concerns, partly because your logic doesn’t hold well under scrutiny, and partly because none of that information was private (it has always been stated by Chia that the prefarm is their equity).

The Chia blockchain is a decentralized ledger that is secured by drives, and owners of those drives can easily switch blockchains (unlike sha256d chips) which would bring Chia Inc to its knees.

Chia Inc is a business and needs to make money which is normal and healthy. The R&D work that Chia has done (and published openly) is great - wether we’re talking about VDFs and Proofs of Space or the current projets. If the World Bank wants to pay Chia Inc to do more R&D (Atari) in order to help countries cooperate on climate action, I don’t see how this is bad. In fact, you should be happy to take the World Bank’s money in the form of XCH, as it’s in line with your moral choices by weakening that particular institution.

2 Likes

We are having different arguments because we are concerned about different issues and have done different research.

My argument goes back to 1913 and before. I distrust the governments and the banks that run them.

Here is a good factual video to start one thinking:

I don’t think this is the place to go further down that rabbit hole but will respond to PMs.

I have no expectation or right to expect that you think as I do and vice-versa.

Be well.

2 Likes

I watched the entire thing and it is eye-opening! The financial system we have in place is an abomination. The closest thing we have right now to bring down this whole perpetual enslavement without total global chaos is actually crypto. I think it’s the closest thing we have for global decentralization of wealth and power.

CBDC’s are the biggest threat to the financial freedom that crypto can bring to all humans. This whole financial scheme is so big, it’s hard to get your mind around it. Education is probably our only chance we have to fight the central banks at their game.

Coming back to Chia… I don’t want to know I’ve been helping the central banks to carry on with their global pursuit of total control.

Oh man… if Bitcoin is Superman in crypto, I’m starting to see Chia as Doomsday. They both share the same Nakamoto’s Consensus but for completely opposite reasons. One wants to free people and the other one wants to enslave them. I can’t believe this is actually happening with Chia…

1 Like

If you got to the second time he says, “If you have come this far…” I am truly impressed, lolz!

The facts are out there but difficult to find, swallow and digest after lifetimes of being lied to and misdirected.

I watch this video again at least once a year and still find it enthralling. My not for profit playlist has shrunk by so many videos over the years. Only completely fact based videos remain. You will have trouble finding the above video on youtube even if you search using it’s full title.

The owners of The International Federal Reserve banking cartel do not like the truth.

My playlist is left with videos youtube could not remove because they contain facts. There are spaces left by their removals that I cannot get rid of. Use the top right box to move to next video when this happens.

If yer interested:

1 Like

I am going to watch it now. Thank you!

1 Like

Yeah… watched it and I totally true, it’s totally infuriating. I think one thing that crypto does without us realizing is actually to educate on how the financial system works. I know I am talking a lot with my family about what I’m learning and thank you for these videos, they are true 100%.

Most people live in ignorance because this is how we were raised. I will do as much as I can to educate the people around me and maybe if enough people do the same, our children won’t have to endure the same fate. I think it’s coming, it’s starting.

DBC’s with AT2 are in the pipeline, maybe not from chia, but from others, it’s just a matter if time :wink:.