What is my daily plotting capasity?

Hi friends,

i have Intel(R) Core™ i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz and 16GB 2666 Mhz RAM on my desktop PC.
what is my plotting capasity for 1 day? i have unlimited SSD option and want to use diskplotting

Thnx

2 Likes

Good day,

You really need to read more. You have a row boat and are asking about starting a cruse line.

2 Likes

If unlimited SSDs for ‘diskplotting’ you mean couple hundred TBs of SSDs to store plots on that will be sweet!

However, plotting itself has morphed a lot, and now compressed plots are the way to plot or so it seems.

Do some reading, but looks like you’ll need some upgrade on that setup to really do much of anything.

1 Like

thanks for your answer,
I have installed chia before and experimented. I produced plots with the original chia application 1 year ago, but then I stopped and took a break. Now I want to start again. I was just wondering how much I could produce with my desktop PC. In the past years, it used to take 8-10 hours to produce 1 plot. How many units can I produce per day with the pc I currently have?

My guess would be 1.5-2 hours for one plot. Using either Madmax plotter or bladebit disk. (both included in the chia install)

Different from before, nowadays you only make one plot at a time, but much faster.

I would just download the chia client, fire up the plotter and you will have your answer soon enough.

1 Like

With that current hardware nothing would have changed. With newer hardware its possible to create a plot under 3 minutes.

Thank you so much for your answer. i will try in a few days and i will report here. regards

He only has 16gb of memory. Proof of space plot maybe 35minutes…

1 Like

I am still confused on the whole compressed plots thing. I have GPU’s, but it requires alot of RAM, correct? What are the system requirements? And can I only use it on Flexpool?

1 Like

I don’t use any pools, so sorry on that. But with 64GB memory you can go ahead w/compressed plotting if you have (almost) any NVidia GPU of recent vintage 1XXX, 2XXX, 3XXX, 4XXX

If you have 128GB or 256GB memory things get much faster. CPU isn’t much of an issue now. It is said 4 cores almost any speed or better I believe is plenty…it’s the GPU/memory now.

2 Likes

ok, so sounds like I need 64 gb of ram is the only thing I’m missing. What program do you use? I thought if you used the mad max one, you could only use it through flexpool and pay a fee.

No, Max’s sw plots allow pool/no pool as I understand. Again, never pooled, so maybe someone can help in that.

I use Cuda_plot_k32 mostly.

2 Likes

Well, on that you’ll be much much much (did I say much?) happier plotting with 128GB, so yeah, add’l 64 if you have 64 already would be best.

i only have 32 on my main computer atm, and only 16 in my chia computer… so just going to buy 64 flat out… I’ll be honest, don’t really want to drop a load of money on Chia anymore… I’ve been it for almost 2 years now, and haven’t seen a whole lot of return… just doing it for fun. (i did turn everything off for about 6 months though.)

2 Likes

80 minutes a plot maybe.

Oh, you thought :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: I was saying spend mor :money_with_wings: in hdw 4 Chia…seriously :interrobang: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: U r so right!!

Take it to the Max instead :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: 4 real fun - potential - action

The previous reply to yours was March 23 its now 2024 :wink:

1 Like