Why chia price never raise?

• Chia blockchain technology
  • open source

everything else is as SweetSC described. Chia company already FAILED - slow, broken promises and they dont care about the farmers (paid hardware what supporting their doing nothing).

2 Likes

Why doesnt anyone think of solar panels for their electricity of their machines? You could probably supply power for your setup with 3 or 4 solar panels and 2 or 3 batteries. I currently live in apartment but I’m looking for a house and the 1st thing I plan on doing when I buy a house is put up 3 or 4 solar panels just to provide power just for my farming rigs.

1 Like

I have an 8kW inverter, another 3.68kW inverter in the house, 29kWh of batteries and 8.74kWp of panels with another 6.8kWp of panels going on in the next couple of months, taking me to a total of 15.5kWp

But to answer your question, not everyone has the space, not every has enough sun, not every one can afford it (yes they cost money) and depending on how many machines you have you may need an awful lot of solar and batteries. @bwfree has 10kWp of panels but it didn’t even touch the sides of his electric bill.

Also every kWh of electric I use costs me 18.381p ($0.23 US), as that’s what I would be paid if I exported it. So my Chia farm costs £1.10 a day to run, or there about’s, and it currently earns £1.85 a day before tax, deduct tax and it leaves £1.48, about 38p profit at the current XCH price, is it really worth it???

1 Like

That’s awesome. I agree with you its not worth the your time at the moment(wishful thinking that chia will rise again). I’m a low voltage tech so I know about solar but I haven’t actually installed any of it yet besides little stuff out at my parents farm of 50 acres(gates and other crap). Do you mind if I hit you up after i buy my house? I would love to get some advice on the solar when I install it. One thing I have learned the hard way is nothing EVER goes according to plan. So if I can learn from someone else mistakes or better word complications, I would be grateful.
I’m new to chia but ive known about it since it came out, just never had the extra money to invest in a rig. I’m disabled now 4 back surgeries and 3 left knee surgeries and I’m probably going to have to have a total knee replacement in the next 10 years.
Been waiting over a year for disability from SSI but my wife makes enough to cover all our bills, we just dont have any extra money besides the any income I can generate from home. So I’ve only invested about 4000.00 so my farm is small. I only have 460 plots atm. It takes me about 30 to 45 minutes to plot with my cpu depending on the space left on the HDDs. I will just slowly continue to add Hdds as I find them cheap on Amazon. For example I just bought 3 MDD 18 tb hdds for 139.00 each, when I was going to buy 20 tb for 209.00. So I have put some plots on the new hdds but at my progress I shouldnt fill them up for a couple of weeks. I’m going to go slow and steady without compression that way I can use multiple machines at farmers, without having to pay the extra electricity costs for a GPU. I know a lot of people are claiming chia is failing and going to shutdown or something so I wont buy anything else besides hdds for a while until I figure out if chia is going to hang around or not. I just dont see it going away completely because too many people have soo much invested into chia. So when I buy a house I will add 2 or 3 solar panels, batteries and an inverter to cover my electric costs of my machines. If chia comes back I will add to my farm and solar panels, if not I wont add but I wont just give up either. I’ll hang around for the long run.

Edit: I read somewhere that Chia company has several employees doing basically nothing. Well if that’s the case then they should write up new tutorials because the ones they have now are absolute SHIT. Ive been having trouble setting up my other farmers and the videos on youtube and wiki are shit. They dont explain everything and rush through the important parts.

2 Likes

I like this setup… Thats the way to do it…

1 Like

You didn’t heed our advice then, oh well, we can only offer it.

That 18TB drive cost you $139, it will earn you before costs about $2 a month, that will take 5.8 years at the current price/netspace before you earn back the cost of the drive, and remember that’s before electric, and tax and not allowing for cost of other hardware.

By the way using compression, can double what that drive will earn, with only a moderate increase in power, even using just a low compression level farmable by CPU could give a 25% increase in earnings.

Do it as a hobby, but to make money, not going to happen at the moment, and I think very unlikely to happen.

As for solar one of the best places for advice is

1 Like

No I did, that’s why I’m not buying a gpu or server though i have looked at the costs. I just bought some hdds . Plus if I go compression now, I will not be able to add my 2 old pcs as farmers. Though they arent added yet, working on it, i will get them working. Its just my current situation, living in apartment, I cant do anything about the electric costs. So I won’t buy a nvidia gpu until several factors, buying a house is the 1st. Chia prices going up is the second. Both of those need to happen before I go to compression, but I dont see anything wrong with me buying more hdds if the prices are cheap.\

edit : No I know I’m an idiot who thinks he knows it all(I will never learn from that mistake) but since i have already messed up and bought a amd gpu, I cant go back now and because of everyone’s advice I’m not willing to buy another gpu or server atm. Also at the same time I’m not ready to give up on chia either. I will not make any money for the next year or 2 but thats fine.

1 Like

From what I understand from that Cloud Services Platform doc (Roadmap Update - Chia Cloud Services Platform - Chia Network), it is meant to bring 3rd party devs to build “something new and fantastic” on the top of chia’s blockchain. (Doesn’t touch us farmers directly.)

Also, (for me) the telling part from that document is this sentence:

to bring the Chia blockchain-enabled capabilities like escrowless trades, multi-sig vaults, and peer-to-peer trading to developers without the need to build bespoke technology in Chialisp.

That is an implied admission that the whole Chialisp ended up as another failure (basically no one is using it). Also, the second implied admission is that they have no clue who are the potential business customers and how to attract them.

Again, this is just my read of that doc.

1 Like

I agree, sounds like more wasted time and money on stuff that isnt going to help. I can tell you from my experience that anyone new to chia without some programming knowledge will not stick around. Chia is not user friendly and is too complicated. They need to make it easier for new people to join with better software, training and tutorials.

You can use compression without a GPU, the lower levels can be farmed using just a CPU.

1 Like

I am curious. What makes you think you will recoup your money?

Wouldn’t it make more sense to just save up for the solar panel equipment instead so in the future you’d save on electricity costs? it would probably have a bigger return than starting to farm chia.

3 new disks (say they will last 4-6 years), a computer running 24/7, spending hours setting it up. and the coin price is already far below being profitable (and probably will continue to go down).

Why start with chia now?

1 Like

People said the same thing when BTC was going from 100 to 20! Same mistake!

1 Like

Your problem is you are just as short term investor.

Your argument does no hold very well. Bitcoin went from cents to 600 dollars in first three years. Chia has managed to come down 98,5% of its starting value in three years.

But the main thing is, that it just makes no sense to start farming if you are betting on the rising coin price. You can get so many XCH with this dirt cheap price, that you would never be able to farm that many XCH with the equiment of same price. Remember there is also halving in 3 years again + electricity + time invested + stuff that breaks. On top of that you have the risk of paying considerable amount of income tax before you have even cashed anything out. Assuming you will wait for the coin price to go up and not selling the coins. It is stupid risk compared to just buying XCH. On top of that. Even if the price would go up, you would still earn a lot less, because you did not manage to farm as much as you would have gotten just by buying the coin.

2 Likes

you sound quite desperate

This argument comes up again and again…it is like going to a car showroom and saying :
“If you want lots of cars why don’t you just buy some? It’s much cheaper than building a million dollar car shop!”

1 Like

What country are u ?

UK

20.00000000000 chrs

1 Like

And… the price will further go down the coming weeks:

Hey all, we’ll be sending 50,000 XCH to the market maker in the Chia ecosystem today.

As always, if you’re interested, you can use our prefarm auditing guide to follow the transaction.

He has great BBQ places to eat!!! Now I’m hungry again…

1 Like