Windows Plot Mover - also deletes old plots to make space

I discovered another bug today, I thought something was up when my home power usage dropped.

Got home to find the plot mover had crashed as it couldn’t delete a plot as it was open in another process, it had deleted around 2500 plots since Saturday prior to this happening. Chia would have been accessing the excact plot the mover was trying to delete.

Hopefully I’ll fix this later tonight.

Edit. Not had time to fully implement the fix tonight, will update in the next few days.

1 Like

Drink beer first!!! So you don’t go too crazy!!!

I’ve released an updated version.

Bug fix - Plot mover would crash if it could not delete a plot for whatever reason.
Also added an error exception tab where exception details will be listed.

If you want to restore your old settings, close the old version, and prior to running the new version navigate to:

C:\Users\AppData\Local\Windows_Plot_Mover\

Then drill down and find the folder that is named the same as the version your using, simply rename it to match the new version.

On opening the new version, all your settings should be there.

Some induced errors - I set the plots to read only :slight_smile:

As always, if you get any virus warnings please submit it as a false positive.

4 Likes

A minor update, I removed release 1.12.0.0 from Github because the source code attached to the release was from September.

It seems if you don’t do things in the right order it ends up a bit of a mess!

Anyway, I also worked out how to get the settings to copy across when upgrading, so a new version.

2 Likes

please help me.
I get this error.
It feels like the program is trying to copy a file with the extension ftp_part, which is not correct.
How to fix it?

At this stage, an error appears.
the program is trying to move, rename a file created by the Nossd plotter, with the extension .ftp_part
it is not right.
Because of this, an error appears.
how to bypass it?
Is it just me?
help me please.

no… I was wrong… I just didn’t press start.
does not work.
error.
Why?

It looks like you are using nossd with 128 G ram. Did you set the no temp option.

It does indeed look like it’s trying to move the fpt_part file, no idea why.

I’m at work at the moment, so I will investigate tonight.

1 Like

Yes. installed.
–no-temp

Thank you.
I’ll be looking forward to it.

I noticed this feature.
on a machine where the program does not work (where the error above appears), the program accepts files with any extension that begins with fpt for moving.
even if the file extension fpt_part.

on a computer where the program is running normally, it does not see any files except those with the fpt extension in the window. no longer displays any files. Here is an example of a window where the program is not working correctly.

and here is an example where the program works correctly

those. not displayed in the window, not any files except those needed for moving, with the .fpt extension

Tried reinstalling the NET Framework libraries

Does not help.

What do you think. what is the problem?

Well, that was certainly a weird one.

I could duplicate the problem with .fpt_part files, but the same didn’t happen with .plot.tmp or even .plot_part

I think its just one of those weird Microsoft bugs.

So I added some validation, to make sure it only adds the correct files to the list.

3 Likes

Everything is fine.
there is no more error.
Thanks a lot! You are the best.

1 Like

Very nice Job! Thank you!
Can you make same program for Linux too?
How I see there is no program for moving Nossd plots by network in Linux only the Plow what is too complicate and not work well (we try it, and it is too complicate to setup and finally after start to work we found more and more problems) !
I cannot believe that NOSSD team does not make some simple and clear software for this! Farming with NOSSD 50 GiB plots are the best and more profitable, but Gigahorse and Madmax plot sink is make it easier to use in Linux!

Sorry, I’m a complete Linux NOOB, so there’s no chance of that. Suggested work around is to use a Windows computer on the network to move the plots, ideally you’d want more than 1GbE networking though.

A faster network cuts into the beer money!!! :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

I have been playing around with your plot mover and I like it a lot. Just to give you a heads up if you start seeing small random deposits from nossd pool to the address from donations included with your plot mover, do not be alarmed it’s me with a small test farm just trying to give a little back for the use of your plot mover. Thank you for your effort and time that it took and also for making it available to the community.

2 Likes

Thank you for the donation, I’m glad people are finding it useful.

1 Like

Recently I started replotting to GH c30 plots and hit a problem. My pool EC dropped and I was getting lots of stales and the GUI was showing lots failed partials, about 50% in fact.

Investigation of the debug log turned up lots of KeyError warnings, amongst various others.

2024-03-11T20:38:05.170 harvester chia.harvester.harvester: WARNING KeyError plot F:\GH_Plots_c30_2\plot-k32-c30-2024-03-09-21-28-37b66ac1fedbd5fa04b92de39f39fbf7d4a67f18a5a0f5a1085cbfc430daf42c.plot does not exist.

At first I thought it was down to the issues with GH3.0 but 3.1 exhibited the same problem.

What someone noticed was the error above refers to drive F, but I don’t have drive F in the Chia config, Chia should only see my mapped drives. I added a drive letter to all my mapped drive via Disk Management, so each drive had both a drive letter, and was also mounted in a folder, as my plot mover works via drive letters.

So somehow Windows / Chia was ending up with the drive letter and it was causing issues, I removed the drive letters and everything went back to normal. I never had this problem on the last replots, so something somewhere in Windows or Chia has changed.

Someone on Discord suggested I tried using the Subst command instead, so I created a BAT file file:

subst E: “C:\Mounts - Plots\Drive Bay 1”
subst F: “C:\Mounts - Plots\Drive Bay 2”
subst G: “C:\Mounts - Plots\Drive Bay 3”
subst I: “C:\Mounts - Plots\Drive Bay 5”
subst J: “C:\Mounts - Plots\Drive Bay 6”
subst M: “C:\Mounts - Plots\Drive Bay 7”
subst N: “C:\Mounts - Plots\Drive Bay 8”
subst O: “C:\Mounts - Plots\Drive Bay 9”
subst Q: “C:\Mounts - Plots\Drive Bay 0”

Using this my mounted folders also have a drive letter to use in the plot mover, but it no longer has weird issues.

To remove the drive letter I would use:

subst E: /D
subst F: /D
subst G: /D
subst I: /D
subst J: /D
subst M: /D
subst N: /D
subst O: /D
subst Q: /D